Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Painful going to the bathroom after m/c

I had my m/c two weeks ago. Almost done bleeding and HCG levels at 135. So all seems to be going back to normal. However since the m/c every time I go to the bathroom it's physically very painful for me. Is this normal? Will it pass? Should I be discussing it with my doctor? I don't want to make a big deal about but it's not going away. Has anyone experienced a similar symptom?

Re: Painful going to the bathroom after m/c

• I just had my D&C today.  Your HCG levels are making me feel better...I am worried it will take forever to get it all out of my system so my period and normal cycles will resume.  I have had no troubles peeing.  Is it bowel movements that are uncomfortable?  Have you tried a stool softener?  I am not sure if it is common or not, but definitely worth a call to your doc to ease your mind.
  • I had a d&c a week ago Friday, so my situation may not compare. I noticed the past few days that some of my pelvic muscles felt very sore/crampy. It was like my kegel muscle but instead of hurting to clench, it hurt to bear down. It's gradually getting better, so I figure either they stretched something cleaning me out or I strained something trying to go to the bathroom while tense in the few days afterward. You may have used muscles that you're not used to using so much and made them sore. If it's feeling muscular, I'd give it a little time (and maybe some medication) and see if that helps. If it's something else--and maybe even anyway--why not just call your provider to see what they say?

• Loading the player...
  • I had my d&c a month ago yesterday. I had very little bleeding afterward (the day of only) and quite a bit of pain when I would use the bathroom. My doctor told me to drink lots of water and to also try to add some cranberry juice in there somewhere. I had a bit of an infection from where they did the catheter. He offered to call me in antibiotics, but I didn't want to take them.
  • Ladies, thank you for your replies. Very helpful. I will email my RN to double check on this. I am pleased that my body is normalizing but am also getting increasingly terrified to do this all over again.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I miscarried a little over a week ago and I wouldn't say it was painful for me going to the bathroom(pee was fine) but I did struggle with my bowels afterward where I would get so backed up it caused pains. It's gotten a bit better. Not sure if that's what your experimenting but definitely let us know what your doc says. Hang in there.
  • I spoke to my RN, she said it was normal. A couple weeks later everything is back to normal.