You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party! - Page 3 — The Bump
Baby Showers

You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party!

Re: You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party!

• @mamacastro do you have a young baby and pregnant as well?
  • Those Sophie the giraffe things look awesome but we'll have to wait until after we get some more of the things first. I have to separate lists one for before baby's here (in December!) and another for after.
    hoover32
  • Oops two* separate lists haha
  • I don't know if this is surprising or unique but I'm really looking forward to adding books on to all my registries. My husband and I share a love of books and can't wait to pass on that love to our little one. Hoping to read a little bit to my little one each night. I don't think its ever too early. 

hoover32PreggoInTheCity
  • I think i want to put some type of baby wearing item on my registry like ergobaby or a wrap. Maybe thats not unique but i havent seen it on a registry for any of my friends or relatives.
    hoover32
  • @tippermariex3 Good call. This is the stuff that should get you through the first few weeks: http://www.thebump.com/a/what-to-buy-for-baby
    tippermariex3thrilledmommy2be
  • The cream is good, I know a lot of moms who added BF products to their registry. Moms often get forgotten when it comes to neccesities like breastfeeding
    hoover32
  • As far as unique/surprising items... the main thing would be anything with sharks or whales on it. We are doing a nautical theme and I can't get enough of the shark and whale items! I'm thinking of adding an air mattress to one of our registries since our guest room is being transformed into a nursery. This way if guests stay over we can put up the air mattress in the office.
    thrilledmommy2bePreggoInTheCity
  • @hoover32 yes we have an 11 month old and i'm 18 wks pregnant
  • Ooh thank you! I love that it has stars by what is most important!
  • @frasch21- I love that! I was just looking at air purifiers, and BRU has the cutest shark one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3214741&cp=&parentPage=search

frasch21tippermariex3
  • I wanted the anchor theme also @frasch21
    frasch21PreggoInTheCity
  • GardenMama116GardenMama116
    250 Love Its 100 Comments First Answer Name Dropper
    edited September 2015
    I registered (on BabyList) for a handmade growth chart by a friend from gradeschool. They customize with the baby's name or our family name. The charts look really neat and the personalization is nice too. I think all of the things in BRU registry is pretty normal.

Edited to add that we also registered for a diffuser to use with essential oils.  It also lights up and changes colors - does 6 colors I think...it has a red, blue & green bulb on inside.  It will be very helpful when needing to use something to calm or something different for sniffles.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    PreggoInTheCity
  • @mamacastro my due date was March 11 2015 and now my due Date is March 11 2016! Same due date but a year apart! :)
    mamacastro
  • I will probably add books. I'm already reading to the baby and would like a collection for him /her.
    hoover32frasch21mechekitty
  • @BrittnyS10 I have the ktan wrap on my registry and I would loveee a Tula or a Beco but I have to save up some money first (or I might do the layaway program that some sites offer)
  • @frasch21 we are doing a fish and sea creature theme and I find myself loving and scanning stuff that is nautical too!!
    frasch21thrilledmommy2be
  • Wow that's kinda cool and exciting @hoover32
    hoover32
  • @frasch21 Believe it or not those items are unique or rare. A friend of mine also just did a nautical theme. The baby's room is adorable!!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
    frasch21
  • @mamacastro it is! I'm nervous because they are so close together but then again, they were both planned. I'm sure they will be really close growing up!
    mamacastro
  • JFuss2 said:

@frasch21- I love that! I was just looking at air purifiers, and BRU has the cutest shark one: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3214741&cp=&parentPage=search

I have to have this! Love love love it! It fits our theme so well!! :)
    JFuss2
  • bumptarabumptara
    Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    admin
    edited September 2015
    Great comments and ideas!

Let's move on to our last topic:

Have you included items in a variety of price ranges?
    bublesmiled
  • We did Nautical for our DS mostly anchors and there was a lot of whale things at BRU last summer so it worked out perfectly
    frasch21
  • BumpTara said:

Your registries sound awesome, Bumpies!

Time for the next question:

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?

I have not included it on my registry, but I put a bug in my sisters ear in hopes that her ex MIL will crochet a blanket for me. She's done so for my 3 nephews and niece and I'm hoping to get one for my baby now
    TwinMommaCarrie
  • I have included some items at different price ranges like bottles and pacifier
  • I have added a variety on my lists because you really never know what people are willing to buy so it's better to give them a wide option! My lists go from $2-$200! :)
    tippermariex3
  • Absolutely! We wanted those who wished to buy something for the baby to have options that best fit their budget. So far, my favorite thing we've received is a teether that looks like broccoli!
    hoover32tippermariex3
  • Yup! From the crib to pacifiers LOL.
    hoover32
  • We added the big ticket items for my H and I to buy with the completion coupon and then we have average priced accessories and then a few little things that are cheap basket fillers so ours is pretty balanced
    tippermariex3bublesmiled
  • I added a few big items to my list and my family members went together and purchased for me.  I purposely left on items that I didn't need and didn't want new
    hoover32
  • @scandler that is hilarious and smart at the same time!
    scandler
  • @scandler haha that sounds like an awesome teether
    scandler
  • My big thing I wanted was a twin bassinet play pen.  The thing is HUGE. we love it!
    hoover32
  • I just had an u/s today so this is feeling really real. I took a walk around BRU today to start getting ideas. So excited!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    hoover32PreggoInTheCityTwinMommaCarrie
  • Yes I will try to include different price ranges and register at different stores too.
  • Oh - and we asked for a dishwasher and we got it!  LOL  Ours had died and with two big kids and twins on the way we knew we needed one!
    hoover32mechekitty
  • I haven't put items at different prices but I will when we do our registry because money is tight for some people and they can't afford anything big. Plus items like bottles, pacifiers, wipes, etc are important and very useful!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • I have items at various price points on our registry (we registered after we found out we are expecting a boy). I think most of the items are in the $10-30 range with some lower and some higher (hoping some people will pool together for the Mamaroo).
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have 2 registries just for the purpose of offering different price points...