You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party! - Page 2 — The Bump
Baby Showers

You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party!

Re: You're Invited to Our Babies"R"Us Registry Party!

• @BumpEditor is there a way i can bookmark your links so i can come back to them later? (Im using the bump app on my phone)
  • Things I would really like are the expensive items we will put on there like a crib, stroller, car seat, etc. I think we will probably end up purchasing the crib on our own though.

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
    thrilledmommy2bePreggoInTheCity
  • Just started today actually (23weeks)!!! Pretty nervewrecking to be honest I felt a little lost at first since it seems that everything is needed lol but I'm hoping I'll be able to do everything well! Super excited!!!!
  • My husband and I both had items we really wanted. My husband is in LOVE with the Bob stroller. My mom took advantage of the buy your stroller, get your car seat for free deal in August! My husband was so excited to open the boxes and start playing with everything. For me, I value using as much glass over plastic as possible, so the Dr. Brown's glass bottles are one of the most important items I can choose for my baby.

• What I would love to get is the pimped out pack and play and the video monitor.
  • The items I want most from my registry are diapers and wipes! You can never have enough of those! My husband and I bought most of the bigger things. My top Items are diapers, wipes, diaper rash cream, bottles and receiving blankets! :)
    thrilledmommy2be
  • While I would love the expensive things, like a crib and dresser and stroller, I know we will appreciate anything we get! Our shower is in November, so we will have plenty of time to buy what's left!
  • I'm totally amped for the play yard that turns into a ballpit- how crazy cool is that!
    hoover32PreggoInTheCitymamacastro
  • We really need new bottles and our DD will need some pretty girl outfits but now that we will have two under 2 our most needed item will be a double stroller
  • bumptarabumptara
    Moderator 500 Love Its 500 Comments Second Anniversary
    admin
    edited September 2015
    @BumpEditor is there a way i can bookmark your links so i can come back to them later? (Im using the bump app on my phone)
    Hi there! The easiest way to bookmark links from the app would be to copy the link and open it on your mobile browser to bookmark it there. You can copy the link to any article in the app by clicking the icon next to the SMS symbol at the bottom of the article and then clicking Copy. :) 
  • The item I most want is a stroller. I think I am most excited about this item! I don't know why! Lol
  • @lolo427 whoa! I have not yet heard of this! I'm sure many of us grew up playing in some kind of ball pit! ;) you just don't find them anymore!
  • The expensive things like bed, stroller, car seat etc
    AdorkablePixie
  • I was most excited to get our travel system- stroller/car seat combo (we got the Graco FastAction 2.0 in Henson).  While it is something we would have purchased ourselves had we not received it, it was a good feeling knowing we didn't have to spend almost $300 ourselves (very gracious MIL!).  However, I have loved everything we have received so far!!  We really only registered for necessities with an occasional non-necessity (such as a first year calendar to track all of his milestones) knowing that people would only half follow what we chose.  Our little guy is super spoiled already!  Just have to wait a few more weeks until we can meet him!!!
    hoover32
  • 24 weeks tomorrow and just started adding things to the registry.

SMR2007
  • @lolo427 The ball pit sounds like a lot of fun. I feel like I'd play in it more than LO. haha

mamacastrofuss0125PreggoInTheCity
  • @bwilliams84 wow that is awesome!i have a six month old and I'm currently 4 months pregnant and my first one literally has so much stuff that it takes up two rooms in my house! Haha he has a nursery and a play room FULL of toys already!
    mamacastro
  • I've already personally bought most of the things we need off of our registry (not much family here) but we still need the crib, mattress and lots of diapers lol
    hoover32SMR2007
  • What I want the most is to start decorating and personalizing the nursery. I think anything we buy or receive will be wonderful. 
    tippermariex3linnie4414
  • We started our registry early so we could keep track of the things we need
  • @hoover32 we're going to have our hands full
  • A lot of my mom friends have said registering for diapers was the best thing they ever did- do you guys agree?
  • I started my registry at maybe 14 weeks :)
  • I am most excited for diapers and the expensive items but I am also excited about the higher tech baby items that you can link to your smart phone.  I just purchased a 4moms mamaroo for a friend who is expecting and it looked pretty fun!
  • And the items I want the most are diapers, diapers, diapers lol! They are expensive and you need a ton of them!
  • @fuss0125 I think because you go through so many so fast, diapers are great to register for. At baby showers I've been to recently they have done diaper raffles too, where people bring packs of diapers and for each pack they get a ticket. At the end there is a raffle and the winner gets a prize! I hope that is done at my baby shower. :)

• Your registries sound awesome, Bumpies!

Time for the next question:

Have you included any unique/surprising items on your registry?

• Diapers are a good thing since we will have two in diapers for a while :(
  • I would have to say I didn't
  • I have not started my registry so right now there is nothing on there, but I don't think we will have anything unique or surprising. We pretty much just want the essentials and maybe some fun extras!

• Maybe not super "unique" but I have the foscam wireless camera on my registry so we can check on the baby instead of video monitors (they're so expensive!)
  • We just added those cute boxes from Babies R Us that say "first tooth, haircut, and hospital bracelet" to keep those things in a special place
    thrilledmommy2beAdorkablePixietippermariex3PreggoInTheCity
  • Anything on the registry we'll be buying ourselves so for now it's basically essentials
    thrilledmommy2be
  • I'm not sure we've added anything unique. We've left off a lot of items that people say are "necessities." We live in a one bedroom apartment, so we are working with limited space. We are using a pack n play with a bassinet/changing table included instead of buying everything separate. We are not using a crib. Since we only have 1 bedroom, we don't have a nursery either. It's definitely a challenge, but we are still so excited for baby to get here!
  • Maybe it's not unique since everyone has it, but we're always surprised how much babies LOVE Sophie The Giraffe as a teething toy. Tons of moms register for this.

tippermariex3thrilledmommy2be
  • Not sure of "unique" items but I registered for those boxes as well! And I registered for nipple cream haha
    mamacastroPreggoInTheCity
  • I mostly want the things I need.. Car seat, stroller, diapers, car seat cover (winter baby!) and baby monitor. I'm a FTM so we have a lot of stuff we need! :)
  • That's different never would have thought about the giraffe