Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday

WTF to my clients today. No one. NO ONE has showed up for sessions and even the intake I was supposed to have called to reschedule. Not that I mind having an easy day, but i'm bored and my co-workers are all busy so I can't even go hang out. This just leads me to daydream about the TWW and it's NOT COOL. 
DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF to my clients today. No one. NO ONE has showed up for sessions and even the intake I was supposed to have called to reschedule. Not that I mind having an easy day, but i'm bored and my co-workers are all busy so I can't even go hang out. This just leads me to daydream about the TWW and it's NOT COOL. 

Ugh me too!! I was supposed to see a client at 10 but she canceled. My next one isn't until 12:45 and I only have two people today. Easy days are nice except for the fact that I am paid commission and if I have a day were no one shows up then I spent hours at work and don't get paid a dime.
  • Loading the player...
  • WTF to the patient that kept picking her nose at the nurses station last night, then when we just sat and stared at her she was all "What? I have the right to do that if I want. What you f*ckin lookin at?" *gag*
    BabyGaga
  • WTF to everyone I work with.
    Seriously, how hard is it to be present at a meeting that you're required to be at? You know this meeting is on your calendar on the same day, same time, every week. It's not like it's a surprise and I scheduled it at the last minute.

If you're not going to make it one day, no biggie, but at the very least let me know you're going to be there.
    And if you're just not going to show up for the second week in a row, then fuck you.

Nice me is just about done, and my bitchy side is about to come out. They're not gonna like it.
  • WTF to my coworker who apparently forgot to wear deodorant today. Our office is small and always on the warm side. Oh, he works at the desk behind me. And for some reason he keeps getting up today to go copy, scan, and review things with our director. Every time he walks by my desk its like.... :-& I hope he isn't going to the gym this afternoon!
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • WTF to the patient that kept picking her nose at the nurses station last night, then when we just sat and stared at her she was all "What? I have the right to do that if I want. What you f*ckin lookin at?" *gag*

I'm APPALLED lol.  Never in my life have I ever witnessed someone pick their nose in front of people with no shame.  That takes balls.  So gross!

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sarafuss said:
    WTF to the patient that kept picking her nose at the nurses station last night, then when we just sat and stared at her she was all "What? I have the right to do that if I want. What you f*ckin lookin at?" *gag*

I'm APPALLED lol.  Never in my life have I ever witnessed someone pick their nose in front of people with no shame.  That takes balls.  So gross!
    I actually had this happen to me today while in one of the quiet/study rooms on campus. The girl was legit just sitting there in a room of 10 or so people, itching her brain. It was disgusting. She saw me giving her an exasperated look, too.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• izza2 said:
    Sarafuss said:
    WTF to the patient that kept picking her nose at the nurses station last night, then when we just sat and stared at her she was all "What? I have the right to do that if I want. What you f*ckin lookin at?" *gag*

I actually had this happen to me today while in one of the quiet/study rooms on campus. The girl was legit just sitting there in a room of 10 or so people, itching her brain. It was disgusting. She saw me giving her an exasperated look, too.
    OMG.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WTF Wednesday goes out to myself. I posted in the WTO thread that I was getting some booster immunizations today for work (I work in healthcare). I've been putting it off for a couple months just because I was being lazy. No real reason, I always planned to do it. I told the nurse we were TTC but that I'm definitely not KU (AF just ending) and she told me I'd have to wait a month before getting pregnant. She told me the shots are not a requirement for employment so I could refuse the immunizations, but I decided to go ahead and get them today. I figured I'd rather delay TTC by one month (we're on cycle 1) than risk coming into contact with an illness and putting myself and a potential baby at risk, or get put off work if an outbreak occurs. I'm just so annoyed with myself that I didn't take care of this two months ago. Ugh. 
  • WTF Wednesday goes out to myself. I posted in the WTO thread that I was getting some booster immunizations today for work (I work in healthcare). I've been putting it off for a couple months just because I was being lazy. No real reason, I always planned to do it. I told the nurse we were TTC but that I'm definitely not KU (AF just ending) and she told me I'd have to wait a month before getting pregnant. She told me the shots are not a requirement for employment so I could refuse the immunizations, but I decided to go ahead and get them today. I figured I'd rather delay TTC by one month (we're on cycle 1) than risk coming into contact with an illness and putting myself and a potential baby at risk, or get put off work if an outbreak occurs. I'm just so annoyed with myself that I didn't take care of this two months ago. Ugh. 

That's weird. Did she say why getting the vaccine required delaying TTC for a month? Pregnant women get vaccines all the time.

• AshVA said:
    WTF Wednesday goes out to myself. I posted in the WTO thread that I was getting some booster immunizations today for work (I work in healthcare). I've been putting it off for a couple months just because I was being lazy. No real reason, I always planned to do it. I told the nurse we were TTC but that I'm definitely not KU (AF just ending) and she told me I'd have to wait a month before getting pregnant. She told me the shots are not a requirement for employment so I could refuse the immunizations, but I decided to go ahead and get them today. I figured I'd rather delay TTC by one month (we're on cycle 1) than risk coming into contact with an illness and putting myself and a potential baby at risk, or get put off work if an outbreak occurs. I'm just so annoyed with myself that I didn't take care of this two months ago. Ugh. 
    That's weird. Did she say why getting the vaccine required delaying TTC for a month? Pregnant women get vaccines all the time.
    Yes it's because one of the vaccines is a live vaccine. I had to get an MMR booster shot. I guess there was a period of a few years where children got the full MMR vaccine first, and then the booster was just Measles and Rubella, no mumps. They found out afterwards that it's more effective if they give a mumps booster as well so they changed the schedules to add the mumps back to the booster shot. So anyways they didn't re-vaccinate all those kids because they did get some protection, just not as good as the new schedule, but now they recommend health care workers who did not get the second mumps shot get a booster. The second booster shot I got was for tetanus, diptheria and polio, which is an inactivated vaccine and would not have affected TTC/pregnancy.
  • @WinchestertoPittsburgh - do you work in private practice or community mental health? I'm in private practice and that is the worst when you have days like that! Sometimes it's welcomed then other days/specific clients it's like, F ALL OF YOU!
  • @DobbysSock I didn't realize that live vaccines had that effect. Thanks for the info!

• @WinchestertoPittsburgh - do you work in private practice or community mental health? I'm in private practice and that is the worst when you have days like that! Sometimes it's welcomed then other days/specific clients it's like, F ALL OF YOU!

I work in drug/alcohol counseling at a private facility. I'm salary, so clients ditching me doesn't affect my pay, but it makes my life hell. They have very specific requirements for the program and insurance gets on our ass if they aren't able to bill for sessions and dosings daily, etc. Basically, it'll make more work for me.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

I work in drug/alcohol counseling at a private facility. I'm salary, so clients ditching me doesn't affect my pay, but it makes my life hell. They have very specific requirements for the program and insurance gets on our ass if they aren't able to bill for sessions and dosings daily, etc. Basically, it'll make more work for me.
    Ahh I see, that does sound like a pain  >:P
  • AshVA said:
    @DobbysSock I didn't realize that live vaccines had that effect. Thanks for the info!
    No problem! I think the majority of vaccines we would be getting as adults are inactivated (flu shot, for example) so it probably doesn't come up much! I never even thought of it being an issue or else I would have gotten on this earlier, oh well! Only 1 cycle will be out and if my timing is as I expect, I should be good to go by the time I O in my next cycle.
  • kaitlink33kaitlink33 member
    edited September 2015
    WTF goes out to the universe. We are in the middle of gutting our bathroom to redo because the floor is shot from a leak, Dh severely sprained his ankle the other day, and today is vehicle completely died.....I think the universe is testing me...on top of that I have been trying to get DH to make his appointment for his SA for the last week and he just isn't and I want him to get it done before my next fertile window so we don't have to wait longer! Why do men not understand these things?!? 

NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @kaitlink33 - so I have questions about the SA. my DH will be 43 in Oct & it's def next on my list of things we need to do if we don't get a positive in Oct. Who do you see for that? An RE? Have you guys been trying long? I feel like I want all the details of people stories if it's taken them a little longer to get a BFP. If you do t mind sharing, I'd love to hear more. You can send me a private message too.
  • Right now I go to an OB until my first appt. with an RE and I asked them to order it (DH doesn't have insurance or a PCP otherwise his PCP could order it) My fertility nurse was definitely surprised it hadn't already been ordered yet since we've been trying (with their help) since january
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • @MNturnsVA re: SA experiences: I'm not sure how it works in the US, but up here, my DH went to his family doctor and explained our situation and that he wanted to do SA. The dr gave him a cup and a requisition. He went home, produced his sample and then immediately took it to the lab at our hospital for processing. It had to be kept at room temp and delivered within an hour. 
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• My WTF... come out to parking lot after visiting my mom in the hospital and my jeep won't start.
  • my WTF is for my clinic manager. She took yesterday off and didn't prepare our surgery packet for our pre-op patient this AM. I got it all together without complaining and even had her back when my Dr was little perturbed.  All to have her call and nit pick about a medication. She said "You should have called to double check I hadn't given the medication to the pharmacy"... she didn't do ANYTHING else to get the surgery ready... why would I have assumed she would have done the medications? They weren't documented in the chart at all. 

After that... anyone who talked to me pissed me off. 
    34 Mother of 4 year old and 2 Labs. Happily Married to my Hubs of 6 years.
  • WTF - to the first few weeks of teaching Kindergarten... 25 kids.. no attention span- many never been to school, total space cadets!! Just walking to the cafeteria takes like a half hour bc they keep wandering off the line! When we turn around the corner in the stairwell, everyone is on a different line. They call me "nerves of steel"
    8-|
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• my WTF is for my clinic manager. She took yesterday off and didn't prepare our surgery packet for our pre-op patient this AM. I got it all together without complaining and even had her back when my Dr was little perturbed.  All to have her call and nit pick about a medication. She said "You should have called to double check I hadn't given the medication to the pharmacy"... she didn't do ANYTHING else to get the surgery ready... why would I have assumed she would have done the medications? They weren't documented in the chart at all. 

After that... anyone who talked to me pissed me off. 
    @msdidonato I share that feeling. Totally different type of work but all day (and really every day) dealing with my boss yelling at me for making mistakes then somehow also yelling at me for HER mistakes. Not sure how that works. Your words "after that...anyone who talked to me pissed me off" that was me, today, all day long. and yesterday. 
      Anniversary

• WTF to the owner of the shop where I work. Her shop is a sinking ship, yet she is married to a rich guy, and their life consists of spending weekends at their beach house. Which is fine, she is the owner, except her store is sinking financially, and she yells at us for it. Calls every 30 min to see how things are going, if we're with customers, she tells us not to answer the phone and to focus on selling, but then if we don't answer HER phone calls she yells at us that she's been calling many times. WTF! 
    To her, this store is a glorified hobby. The manager (it's a glorified title because she doesn't get paid as a manager should, yet somehow she's supposed to run the store, but gets yelled at for running the store without the owner's presence...) and myself are the only employees. We arrive before store opens at 10, then leave after it closes at 6, some days it closes at 8. The owner will call every morning at 10 sharp, then says "I'm coming in today, just going to get a quick work out, take a shower and then head to the store". At 2 pm, FOUR hours later, she comes into the store (still trying to figure out how a "quick workout" and a shower take 4 hours). She "works" for 2 hours at the store and leaves. Then she complains that she never has time to do any accounting or organizing or anything. Her weekends at the beach consist of thursday to sunday. Monday she always tells us that she got back home "really late" so she won't come in until tuesday or maybe wednesday. So, all in all, she works about 2 days per week, and 2-4 hours each day. Then she gets all frazzled that she has no idea what's going on in the store, and yells at us that we need to notify her and keep her updated on everything. If we do something then somehow we did  it wrong, if we don't do it, then we get yelled at for not doing it. It's like seriously, ALL her questions and reasons that she yells at us could be solved if she bothered to show up at her own store. Meanwhile her debt keeps increasing, her husband has already bailed her out three times, so now she doesn't even tell him. 
    WTF

Oh and she doesn't want her dog being alone in the house while she's doing whatever rich housewives do, so she drops him off at the store. Really sweet, old dog but now I'm also a pet sitter...

WTF 
      Anniversary

• Yes I know it's Thursday, but WTF dog stop shutting on my living room carpet! He does this when he's pissed about not getting enough walks (usually 6 miles a day). Our living room carpet is an off white color, and getting stains out seriously sucks. This dog is 6 years old and knows that he did something wrong too, he wouldn't look at me this morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @MNturnsVA: My DH went to a urologist to do his SA (he did not need to go to a PCP or get a referral). The urologist then referred him to a lab (such as Quest Diagnostics) to do the SA.  The lab then analyzed the results and sent them back to the urologist. He had 3 SAs done that way. The urologist noticed the varicocele and referred him to the radiologist where he then had an ultrasound (although he said the urologist can also do an ultrasound).  The urologist also referred him to an RE due to the SA results.

If you are in the NOVA area and need any recommendations, PM me!

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker