Trying to Get Pregnant

Small Ovary

I went to the ER last weekend for spotting,nausea, and stomach/abdomen pain. I had a negative pregnancy test, and they did ultrasounds on me. I didn't get a good look at the screen, but I was told that my left ovary is much smaller than my right one. It took the technician forever to find it, having to do three ultrasounds just to find it. Although the ER dismissed me without a reason for my condition, I'm concerned that I might be infertile because of the difference in size. I'm 20, and have no cysts. Husband and I have been trying since May with no luck. Any ideas?

Re: Small Ovary

• I'm sorry for your ER visit and lack of answers. I've been there, and it is scary and frustrating.

We aren't doctors, so can't advise on whether the ovary size differential would affect your fertility. I suggest temping, as your temps will indicate whether or not you are ovulating. There is lots of helpful info on that point in the newbie thread.

• I'm sorry your ER doctor didn't give you all the answers you needed. I would call your regular GYN with this question.
    image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto to the above gals, I'd be calling my OBGYN for an appointment ASAP.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Also, just because the ER didn't see cysts doesn't necessarily mean you don't have any. The ER missed my cysts on a CT scan (or missed the signs that a cyst had burst) the first month I got them.