November 2015 Moms

gestinal diabetes

arianerwinarianerwin member
edited September 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Hi I'm 30 weeks pregnant and 1 day and I just found out I have gestinal diabetes but i don't eat that much

Re: gestinal diabetes

• uh oh, the hounds of hell are going to rip you apart in....3....2.....1
  • *gestational diabetes and what you eat doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it (as far as causing it). I suggest you do some google research or ask your doctors for more information. 
  • Loading the player...
  • So what Is everyone's favorite cereal
  • Gapeach83 said:

So what Is everyone's favorite cereal

My one and only craving this pregnancy was Raisin Bran! So weird.
  • Mines lucky charms and capt crunch
  • I love Captain, but that stuff can get dangerous after like the 2nd bowl of the day. It starts to scrape the roof of my mouth; BUT, if you throw in Berry Cap'n Crunch into the fray, I'm all there at that party.
  • I second the cracklin oat bran!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Gapeach83 said:

Captain crunch! Mmmmm

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Goodness tho OP do some research

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I forgot all about cracklin oat bran! Looks like DH needs to stop at the store on his way home...
  • Am I the only person who loves Ohs! anymore?
    Me: 28 DBF: 30
    BFP#1 07/10/14 EDD 3/14/15 Diagnosed with Blighted Ovum 08/18/14
    BFP#2  3/17/15 EDD 11/22/15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Dude cinnamon toast crunch FTW
  • ^^ Love that you got the exclamation point in there too. Kudos @laswett. That being said Ohs! are kind of the bomb. I've tried several times to have DD install a cereal bar in our kitchen. Anytime I need a snack, or want dessert, or don't want to cook...the bar would have so much use.
  • I have a class tomorrow my doctor signed me up for.
  • Honey Nut Cheerios and Golden Grahams.  Yummmmm
  • scw89 said:
    Dude cinnamon toast crunch FTW
    Yes! Or any cinnamon cereal... Cinnamon Pecan Special K, Cascadian Farms Cinnamon Crunch, Kellogs Protein Cinnamon and Brown Sugar. Any and all the cinnamon cereals for this girl!
  • I've been really into honey bunches of oats. But DH eats the Cinnamon Toast crunch.

I have honestly never heard of cracklin oat bran or ohs! I feel like I need a better grocery store now!!
  • Remember Reese's Peanut Butter Crunch? My older brother and I were never allowed to have it. Then when we left for college, mom bought it for baby brother all the damn time. At this point in my life, I can't justify buying sugar cereal, so I totally missed that train. Tragic. It was the only peanut butter/chocolate combo I ever enjoyed. :((
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • anikajoy said:

Remember Reese's Peanut Butter Crunch? My older brother and I were never allowed to have it. Then when we left for college, mom bought it for baby brother all the damn time. At this point in my life, I can't justify buying sugar cereal, so I totally missed that train. Tragic. It was the only peanut butter/chocolate combo I ever enjoyed. :((

I just had Reese's Puffs for pre dinner, so delicious! Those and raspberry mini wheats have been my faves lately.

• Growing up we neeeeever had the delicious sugary cereals. Now I buy 3 boxes of sugary cereals every 2 weeks. Thanks for depriving me mom

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Cinnamon Life and Coco Pebbles. But I always have to add a little at a time to the milk, I can't stand soggy cereal!
  • I miss cereal so much :(. Because of GD I had to cut it out but every once and I while I cave and have a bowl.
  • Gapeach83 said:

Peanut butter Captian Crunch. And Rice Krispie Treats Cereal before the breakfast gods decided to smite me.
  • Elyse1384 said:
    Honey Nut Cheerios and Golden Grahams.  Yummmmm
    OHHHHHHHHHH Golden Grahams, man all this talk is getting me a little hot and bothered. I totally haven't had that in forever, will be adding that to the tub list.

I hear you @flas- if I'm low thats when I can have 1/2 cup (maybbeeeeee 3/4 but that's pushing it). Does granola spike you too?
  • Cheerios, the plain ones, with Hershey syrup. Can substitute the Cheerios with Rice Krispies...... This combo is phenomenal, IJS...I hate GD.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I also like grape nut flakes with some sugar :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I miss cereal so much :(. Because of GD I had to cut it out but every once and I while I cave and have a bowl.
  • flas said:

I miss cereal so much :(. Because of GD I had to cut it out but every once and I while I cave and have a bowl.

There is one bonus to being in the hospital... I can't cheat on my diet. I haven't had any sweets since Aug. 29....not a single morsel. As a result, I lost 10+lbs.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Raisin Bran has been my best friend for all kinds of reasons this pregnancy #fourgramsoffiber
  • And OP thank god your doc is sending you to a class. What a smartie
  • Cocoa puffs are the best too cause then you have chocolate milk at the end. Sugary cereals were all I could stomach sometimes during that 1st tri morning sickness!
  • I love corn pops! So delicious.
  • Gapeach83 said:

My one and only craving this pregnancy was Raisin Bran! So weird.
    Mine has been Chocolate Toast Crunch. I usually hate chocolate cereals but man, I've gone through box after box.