May 2016 Moms

Healthy Snack Ideas

So I seem to be hungry ALL THE TIME! I hear morning sickness tends to kick in around week 6 (which I will be on Friday) but as of right now I just can't seem to curb the hunger. I'm trying to drink plenty of water and eat smaller meals more often but I'd love to hear what works for you! I want a few different go to snacks so it doesn't get old.  Anyone have some healthy snack ideas? I'll even take small meal options!

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Healthy Snack Ideas

• I love apple slices sprinkled with a little cinnamon. It stops them from browning so quickly so I can prepare at home and just have the snack bag of apples ready to go. I also buy single servings of hummus with chips or cucumbers.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I keep a little container of almonds with me. I just have lightly salted ones but they have tons on favors depending on your mood. I find they give me a little bit of energy and help with some of the nausea I've been having so far.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a bag of dried apricots that I've been loving lately  They have a good bit of fiber, too, which is helpful.  Nuts, applesauce/cottage cheese mixed together, yogurt.  Those are my go-tos.  :)
  • Sliced apple with natural nut/seed butters
    Cooked spaghetti squash with salt, pepper, and a little parm cheese
    Reduced-fat (or regular is fine too) string cheese - especially loving the jalapeno/pepper jack string cheese. mmm.
    Yogurt
    Applesauce with cinnamon

Those have been my healthy choices.
    I will also have some light ice cream in the afternoons as a treat.
    And, sometimes, I'll go with chocolate banana or chocolate pumpkin bread. It's kind of "cake"-y but includes whole fruits/foods.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Kashi crackers and skim milk string cheese
    Fage greek yogurt
    Apple with cinnamon - if you heat it up in the microwave for about 2 minutes and let it cool, it cooks the apples down like in apple pie
    Kashi granola bars
    Mixed fruit

Another favorite, but not recommended if you're suffering from smells - I microwave about 2 oz of egg whites with some pepper and put it on a piece of bread or half an english muffin.

• Cottage cheese is great since it's packed with protein. I keep almonds on hand as well as freeze dried strawberries. Apple and peanut butter is good too.