March 2016 Moms

Crafty mamas

Re: Crafty mamas

• Here is the newest one. Not bad considering I went out yesterday to buy the yarn lol. It's about 1/2 way done already. It's for a coworker who is due January 10th. She is having a boy and is doing a jungle theme, so I figured the bright green and yellow would be good jungle colors.
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • charley15 said:

Here is the newest one. Not bad considering I went out yesterday to buy the yarn lol. It's about 1/2 way done already. It's for a coworker who is due January 10th. She is having a boy and is doing a jungle theme, so I figured the bright green and yellow would be good jungle colors.

OMG! Come over here right now and show me how to do that!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @jstanton0822 holy crap!! That is awesome! Huge difference between start and end result!

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • @jstanton0822 holy crap!! That is awesome! Huge difference between start and end result!

Thank you thank you thank you!
    Yay!! Someone likes my clown (yoshi) dresser! *happy dance*
    I'll post pictures of my yoshi rug by the end of the week! I'm so excited!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • charley15 said:
    My "I'm at work and bored" baby blanket lol
    I love the colors!
    Pregnancy%20ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @jstanton0822 I cannot believe how rude those comments are!  Those really made me mad, and I'm not one to care what internet strangers think, but those are downright awful.  I think you did a great job on the dresser and your baby is beyond lucky to have parents who put so much time and effort into making his/her room special.  Eff those people being rude, so what if Yoshi's Island isn't their preferred theme, it doesn't mean it's wrong or in any way inferior to their choices.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @jstanton0822 I cannot believe how rude those comments are!  Those really made me mad, and I'm not one to care what internet strangers think, but those are downright awful.  I think you did a great job on the dresser and your baby is beyond lucky to have parents who put so much time and effort into making his/her room special.  Eff those people being rude, so what if Yoshi's Island isn't their preferred theme, it doesn't mean it's wrong or in any way inferior to their choices.  

It's my fault for posting the picture publicly in the first place. After the first few comments (which came in in under 10 minutes) I hid the post. It could have gotten a whole lot worse. 
    Imgur is most popular in the Reddit crowd. The people on reddit are rated for their comments. If you're the first to comment and strike up a conversation that way, you get better ratings. Those people say vulgar things just to be funny and get better comment ratings. Because of that, I didn't find any offense to the comments, I just wished I didn't post it publicly and give people the opportunity to comment in the first place. My bad.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Finished baby blanket number 2! I did green and yellow for her jungle theme. Now I need to get yarn to make a third one- for my next coworker due in February! Her theme is woodland creatures, but i don't want to do green/brown colors when she chose not to find out the sex. I'm thinking a coral and turquoise for her.

• An update on my knitting! I have been pretty slack at it to be honest... I'm also not the fastest knitter either, haha!
    I went for my 28week blood testing today and brought it with me to keep occupied during the wait... An older gentleman who was also at the blood collection centre was completely shocked at the "young woman knitting in the waiting room!"
    I'm 25, I guess it's not something common for my generation to do anymore, I'm not sure! :)

Everyone's projects look wonderful!
  • An update on my knitting! I have been pretty slack at it to be honest... I'm also not the fastest knitter either, haha!
    I went for my 28week blood testing today and brought it with me to keep occupied during the wait... An older gentleman who was also at the blood collection centre was completely shocked at the "young woman knitting in the waiting room!"
    I'm 25, I guess it's not something common for my generation to do anymore, I'm not sure! :)

Everyone's projects look wonderful!

I took a knitting project with me last Friday to work on during the hour glucose test and had so many people comment on it, it was crazy to me getting so many comments from strangers but none of them seemed surprised that I'm young (22) and can knit. And I actually know a ton of people in our generation that knit and crochet, so I don't understand why she seemed so surprised? Anywho, looks great!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Knitting and crocheting is actually becoming pretty common for our generation.
  • red3ye said:
    Knitting and crocheting is actually becoming pretty common for our generation.
    I learned from my great-grandmother when I was 4.  I stopped and restarted much throughout my school years, but I love doing it now for fun.  I make all kinds of things, from baby hats/blankets, to dog sweaters, cup coasters, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.  Its very relaxing for me :)

• 2 more bears to go.
  • Question for those that may know...

My aunt is going to try and make a slip cover for our glider and ottoman. She isn't an expert in upholstery but is a decent seamstress and is going to try her hand at it. The problem is we don't live in the same area and she needs measurements. Anyone know how exactly I should measure things?

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Not bump related but I'm soo making these for christmas!!!

• Katherine8908Katherine8908 member
    edited December 2015
    Made these with DS my little helper today so cute ! Not completely done yet still some finishing touches needed :)

• Since I'm at work with nothing better to do...I'm crocheting wash cloths for coworker number two.  I'm going to make 3 or 4, then once I find my big cone of cotton yarn I'll make a hooded towel to go with it.

• Question for those that may know...

My aunt is going to try and make a slip cover for our glider and ottoman. She isn't an expert in upholstery but is a decent seamstress and is going to try her hand at it. The problem is we don't live in the same area and she needs measurements. Anyone know how exactly I should measure things?

That's a hard one.  I would try and do one end then the other end, because I'm sure that the chair curves out.  You could also just give her the biggest dimensions first so she can get fabric, then walk her through the rest.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • You might be able to find one for sale online that she could duplicate. Or, take photos you can find online of a chair and print it out, write your measurements on the print out, might be less confusing. With the price of fabric and the confusion, buying new covers or a chair might be cheaper.

• I'm in the middle of making a "chandelier" decoration for her room. I really want to hang it over the crib but DH is supper afraid one of the beads will fall off and she will choke on it.
  • lightroxlightrox member
    edited January 2016
    I'm so jealous I can't crochet right now since my Carpel tunnel is horrible with this pregnancy. I do woodwork and wanted to build a few things but can't do that either since my hands have no strength to hold anything together my arms fall asleep most of the day. Asking the husband to do anything doesn't work since he's not handy unless it's an electronic. Hopefully once she's born my hands go back to normal, but I love seeing how crafty you all are.
  • This is taking me forever....!
    I've had a decent day of resting up in bed today but I'm so slow at this lol

• I forgot to post it when I finished. I finished the red bottoms but I've somehow misplaced them. Just need to make the white mittens.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • @klgiles12 that is amazing!!!!

So I decided to work on more of my cross stitching during my 3 hour glucose test.  I basically just put patterns on Bibs, I'll post them when I'm done.  I have been making the baby bibs for forever.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"

• The crochet tummy time blanket the dog thinks is for her.
  • Im not sure if someone has already asked this and this is a kind of long post to go back and read everything if it has been so im sorry im advance.
    but I got a sewing machine for Christmas and Im brand new to sewing other than middle school home ec.q but im pretty crafty. What are some good beginner projects I can make.for baby ? Im planning on burp cloths for a first project but any other recommendations?
  • @Katherine8908 anything with straight lines is great to start with! Blankets are another easy quick sew. I also like to take fabric and attach it to the pre fold diapers to make prettier burp cloths. Pillows are always good practice too. Look on Pinterest for good projects. A lot of them have really good directions so you don't have to be a master at sewing to try it
  • Katherine8908Katherine8908 member
    edited January 2016
    @Poppy0419 yes ive been pinning like crazy already! :) thank you ... I do have a question about patterns though do you just print them out and then size them I have a printer/scanner already or is there an easier way ?
  • @Katherine8908 I guess my sewing confession is that I've never used a pattern online! I've always made my own patterns by taking a similar article of clothing and roughly tracing it on thick cardstock and winging it. i honestly couldn't think of an easier way than just printing it and working with that as a start.

• My "all my other projects are out of state for now and I need something to do for the babies" project. Starting on small blankets with straps for the pumpkin seats.
  • @jmathi0149 how did you make the top one?
  • @tJaffe diy thread

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Since I'm now put on rest, I made this.