Please help me! — The Bump
Baby Names

Please help me!

we found out that we are having another little man and I am so happy! That said, I cannot find a single boys name that I like. We currently have Wyatt and Sawyer. We would like a name that fits into a western/cowboy theme with them, without being ridiculous. Not every ones cup of tea I know, but that is very much our family culture and I venture to guess you ladies will have some good ideas. I love the name Rhett but since our last name is R it doesn't feel right with the alliteration. Thanks ladies!

Re: Please help me!

• Wyatt, Sawyer and 

Calvin
    Austin
    Beau
    Cole
    Clayton
    Hank
    Cooper
    Levi

• Love the above list and would add Wayne, Jesse, Duke and Landry.
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    doodleoodle
  • edited September 2015
    I'd add Lane, Dean and Carey to those listed above!
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Roland, Warren.
    LFAF October Signature Challange
  • I agree with the above, plus
    Toby
    Colton
    Easton
    Brantley
  • Carson has a little country to it, as in Kit Carson. A lot of old west towns are named after him. I also feel like Ryder and Cole have a country feel.

• Brooks, Austin, and Beau are all perfect choices!
  • Beau is kind of awesome with your sibset. I vote Beau.

holocenemissemmawoodhouse
  • My husband has said no to Austin Brooks and Beau. :( I like cooper and Calvin. There is a Carson in the family already.
  • I adore Beau. I may suggest it again. Sometimes he changes his mind.
    emilyray14kayway85
  • I love your sons' names, and all these suggestions. I, too, enjoy the 'country' style. My DH is Hank, and our current pick for [hypothetical] #2 is Brooks. Beau is amazing too! I think I'll add: Abe/Abraham, Grady, Emmett, Ike/Isaac, Arlo, Dean and Clyde. GL!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • I second Duke and Wayne. Would also like to add John. :)

John Wayne is all I think of when I think of country names. Maybe go to IMDB and look at leading make character names in old westerns.
  • I second Duke and Wayne. Would also like to add John. :)

John Wayne is all I think of when I think of country names. Maybe go to IMDB and look at leading make character names in old westerns.

Lol

Maybe stay away from Cherry Valance.
    LFAF October Signature Challange
  • Ooo what about Russell!!
  • Agree. Beau is awesome with your sibset. Congratulations on three sons!

• I really like Levi, which I saw was suggested earlier.

Some other ideas:

Beckett
    Callum
    Cohen
    Declan
    Gunner
    Holden
    Hudson
    Jude
    Nash
  • Travis, Jared, Randy, Wesley
  • Clint, Roland, and I love Cole with your sibset
  • Western? Clint or Sheldon are the first names that come to mind......
  • I love Beau.  Also Duke, Levi, Maverick, Henry, and George.

PPs have made some great suggestions, I hope you find one you both love!
    Because fall

• Beau is on the maybe list. He didn't like the spelling but I refuse to name my kid Bo. Because body odor references. He wants to use bow. That's taking the country a little too far dh
  • I like the suggestion of Levi and I also like Colt. What about Jesse? It's very country and sounds really good with your other boys names. My other suggestion is Jasper. I love that name and it screams western to me!!
  • kayway85kayway85 member
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 500 Comments First Answer
    edited September 2015
    Did someone suggest Wyatt or Waylon as alternatives to Wayne? Levi is also a great suggestion.

Colt makes me think of guns and I know one too many dogs named colt, so that name is kind of ruined for me. Cole on the other hand, I like and I think works better.

Edit: I just re read your original post and saw that you already have a Wyatt, sorry. Is Waylon too similar? I like the way those names sounds together. Good luck!