October 2015 Moms

Ftm early labor question?

I'm a 20 year old ftm who is 36+3 today! Last night at work I was having some stomach cramps and my hips were killing me. This morning I had even more stomach cramps and diarrhea (tmi sorry). Out of curiosity I googled these symptoms and a lot of the websites said these could be signs of early labor and the baby getting ready to come soon! My question is, is this true? Did any other mom's have these symptoms and then go into labor soon thereafter? (Within the next week or so?) Thanks in advance!(:

Re: Ftm early labor question?

• I have heard that your body can try to clean itself out before labor-hence diarrhea- but that doesn't necessarily mean anything either because it could just be diarrhea in itself.

Cramps/aches are pretty normal too since your body is working on stretching and opening up.

If you're unsure, call your clinic. The nurses can help you!
  • Sounds just like the norms of 3rd tri :) I had diarrhea towards the end of my first pregnancy, but ended up going 40+4 (4 days overdue)
  • Loading the player...
  • Those are early labor symptoms. Call your doctor or nurse line if you're unsure. How far apart are your stomach pains? How long do they last?
    October Siggy Challenge

Image result for horrible pregnancy halloween costumes

Oct 15 Glitter Bunnies

• I had these symptoms at 35 weeks, back labor diarrhea and contractions. I searched Google and found the same "early labor" I was having 2/5 symptoms. Called my midwife, who asked plenty of questions and asked me to get some sleep. If the contractions woke me up more than 2 times then we talked about going to the hospital. I only woke up once and it stopped by morning.
  • All that started for me with my first around 36 weeks but I didn't deliver until 41 +2. It is your body preparing but you are only in labor once contractions are time able, getting stronger, and closer together, and it could happen any time! Waiting is the worst....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker