March 2016 Moms

GTKY: 1+ moms, how long was labor for all of your babies?

2»

Re: GTKY: 1+ moms, how long was labor for all of your babies?

• beedaul90beedaul90 member
    edited September 2015
    (For some reason it wouldn't post my entire comment)
  • beedaul90beedaul90 member
    edited September 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • I had on and off contractions for about 36 hours, but nothing too bad. Once I got going in active labor with the help of some cytotec it was only 6 hours: 3 hours of transition and 1/2 hour of pushing.
  • Dd1: induction, 24 hours from IV to delivery.
    Dd2: 5 hours from 'checking things out' to delivery.
    Dd3: induction, 15 hours from IV to delivery.
  • @skruhmin I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! I had hoped for a med-free birth but finally got an epidural about 10 hours before giving birth. And it was a beautiful wonderful thing!
    kynbar5skruhmin
  • 10 days, Preterm labor BLOWS!
    kitteh81
  • 33 hours. Once it was time to push she came out in half an hour, it was getting there that sucked.

Epidurals are magical magical things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    kynbar5smushi
  • smushismushi member
    edited September 2015
    17 hours total I think for baby #1?  It was pretty stinkin' textbook.  Woke up at 7am with cramps, took a shower to try to relieve it, had some 'bloody show', then around 10am my water broke.  Heavy contractions started between 1-2pm right after we made it to the hospital, epidural around 4pm (which killed my contractions), 6pm we got pitocin, then ready to push at 10pm.  I pushed from 10 til 12:30am (he was a BIG baby).  

I'm hoping baby #2 is either smaller, or my body is so wrecked from #1 that it'll be an easier exit...
    kitteh81blueeyedrose86
  • Both of my kiddos were pretty similar.  #1 was just over 12 hours of labor with about 5 mins of pushing.  #2 was just under 12 hours of labor with about 5-10 minutes of pushing.  Hoping #3 will be about the same, although hopefully smaller than my 9.3 lb. son.....
    DD 7/10
    MC 3/12
    MC 7/12
    DS 7/13
    BFP #5 - EDD 3/25/16
    kitteh81skruhmin
  • Labored 15 then c-section

One of my best friends has the quickest labors ever, first baby was 3 hrs and the second she barely made it to the hospital in time , baby showed up 10 minutes after triage. Both med free. Her body was definitely made for babies.

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• @skruhmin My labor may have been short, but it was so intense. The whole active labor I had one contraction, followed by maybe a minute break, then two back to back contractions. I wanted (and had) a natural birth, but I felt like I was having a heart attack lol

I've heard that really quick labors can feel like being stuck in front of a runaway train with no way to get out of the way. A friend of mine called her fast labor traumatic, even though physically she was fine and hardly even tore. She just said it was impossible to wrap her head around what was happening or to adjust because it all went so fast. I think hers was around 3 hours total.
    skruhminoceanchild
  • My sister in law had a long labor with her first (30 hours) with her second her water broke and by the time she got to the hospital 40 minutes later the baby was crowning. Doctor wasn't even in the room yet. She said she'd take the long labor any day. She tore A LOT. I think somewhere in between would be nice (hear that little one???).
  • kitteh81 said:
    @skruhmin My labor may have been short, but it was so intense. The whole active labor I had one contraction, followed by maybe a minute break, then two back to back contractions. I wanted (and had) a natural birth, but I felt like I was having a heart attack lol
    I've heard that really quick labors can feel like being stuck in front of a runaway train with no way to get out of the way. A friend of mine called her fast labor traumatic, even though physically she was fine and hardly even tore. She just said it was impossible to wrap her head around what was happening or to adjust because it all went so fast. I think hers was around 3 hours total.
    I would definitely say it was a little traumatic. My sister's first was just like mine, but her second was a much longer, less intense labor. Her third was also a longer, more relaxed labor. She said she'd rather labor for days than have another fast one. I'm hoping this one is longer and less intense. I'm going to have a labor tub available to me this time, so I hope it helps.  
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
    kitteh81

• kitteh81 said:

@skruhmin My labor may have been short, but it was so intense. The whole active labor I had one contraction, followed by maybe a minute break, then two back to back contractions. I wanted (and had) a natural birth, but I felt like I was having a heart attack lol

I would definitely say it was a little traumatic. My sister's first was just like mine, but her second was a much longer, less intense labor. Her third was also a longer, more relaxed labor. She said she'd rather labor for days than have another fast one. I'm hoping this one is longer and less intense. I'm going to have a labor tub available to me this time, so I hope it helps.  

I've had both. I don't think I'd love a 30 minute labor, but 5 hours worked well for me. It was completely unexpected, I'd had an appointment the morning before and was "closed tight like the Alamo" according to my ob. The next day, I didn't feel right, went in, had inconsistent contractions, walked for 1 hour and was at 4 cm and she was out 5 hours later!

• kitteh81 said:

Laboring for days is no walk in the park. Pushing out a baby when you haven't slept in three days is nearly impossible. But I don't know that any labor is easy. That's why it's called labor I guess!
    skruhminSadiePantsR2-Step
  • My sister, for her #2, went in with contractions and they put her on med to stop labor for 2 hours as they waited for a doctor to become available. She had contraction for 35 minutes, rested on meds for two hours. When they took her off, 2 contractions later she was ready to push. She tore a little, but I guess she screamed so loud during the 2 contractions that they heard her down the hall
  • From the time they started pitocin to giving birth was about 13 hours. Pushed for 45 min. But I was in the hospital for 24 hours before they even started the pitocin to ripen my cervix. So active labor was 13 hours, total labor was 37 hours.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine with number one; I had the first pain,at 1136 at night. I had him at 10:15 the next morning. So, mine wasn't very long. They did give me pitocin and hand-broke my water. I guess they thought it should be going faster.
  • kellygrace2kellygrace2 member
    edited September 2015
    red3ye said:

25 hours total, 16 hours hard contractions every minute 35 seconds. Never progressed past a 3 so they gave me an epi and when ds heart rate went wonky we did a csection.

Ditto, except my labour was around 18 hours. I got to about 3, they broke my water, and 3 hours later I was only at 5 and in so much pain I was shaking and crying for an epidural. At that point we had a heart rate issue with DD too so opted for a c-section. The minute that pain medicine kicked in was the best.

Going for a scheduled c-section with #2. Body didn't cooperate the first time so I'd rather avoid that again!
  • Contraction for 5 hours before they got to 5 mins apart
    Then hospital for 12 hours, pushed for a little over an hour

My nurse kept telling me that I'm almost there.  I just had to wait for my OB to come to make a little cut.  And my OB was stuck in traffic because it was around 6ish in the evening.  Oh and did I tell you that Epidural did not work on me? OMG! I was in tears the last two hours of labor...
  • I totally did not post here yet?  I'm surprised!

I went in at 32 weeks when my water unexpectedly broke around 7-7:30 pm.  I didn't feel a thing and was 5.5 cm dilated by time they wheeled me upstairs. By midnight  I had to travel via ambulance to a hospital with a NICU, so I began feeling dull contractions on the ride.  By time I got hooked up at the new hospital I hurt so bad I was begging for them to let me die or grab forceps!  I had her at 4:35 AM.  So from water breaking to birth was about 9 hours.  Time I started feeling it?  Maybe 4.

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    kynbar5
  • MelodyagsMelodyags member
    edited September 2015
    1st 18 hours, 2nd 8 hours, 3rd 1 hour 45 minutes I almost didn't make it to hospital with him since its a 25 minute drive if don't hit traffic.