June 2015 Moms
Options

First postpartum period

I stopped breastfeeding 2.5 weeks ago and my period has not returned, within the last couple of days I have felt crampy, nauseous, and have had diarrhea. Of course the first thing that came to my mind was that I am pregnant again. I took a couple of tests and they were negative (maybe I tested too early though). And I don't even think it's possible that I am pregnant, my husband always wears condoms and still pulls out even though he is wearing one. My question is, did you have any of those symptoms before your first period returned? It feels a lot like early pregnancy. I read that PMS can cause nausea and diarrhea, but I have never been nauseous before a period before.

Re: First postpartum period

• Options
    I felt sort of off before my pp period arrived. I was a little nauseous as well. I imagine the things you are describing might be normal for your first period but if you are really concerned maybe call your doctor. Perhaps you are getting a stomach bug?
  • Options
    I'm EBF but I think my first cycle is coming anyway...I've noticed increased CM in the past few days. Doesn't look like I've ovulated yet, so who knows. Definitely not pregnant though.

I'm going to be so mad if this is really what's going on...of course my body would be like "haha EBF can't hold me down, bitch!" Sigh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I EBF and I got my period at 8 weeks PP. that's just crazy and unfair. Anyway, yes I had the same symptoms. Very crampy and nauseous about a week before it started. I also took pregnancy test. But then my period started. I'm 12 weeks PP now and I haven't got another one, but I also got a mirena 2 weeks ago so I think i won't get a period anymore. At least I didn't when I had the mirena the first time after our first child.
  • Options
    I just got my first period ... 12 weeks pp with mirena. It's sooo light but the Pms symptoms are awful. As if I needed to crave chocolate and clean anymore shit?!?? Ugh