Trying to Get Pregnant

Off BC weird symptoms

Brand new here. I went off BC in May for the first time in over 15 years. About two weeks later, I had an insane amount of symptoms and my body freaked out. Some, I expected to have, like nausea and headaches and acne. But I had weird GI symptoms and fatigue. Anybody else? I was scared all summer to TTC because I didn't want to have stomach problems during pregnancy but now in starting to think it was my hormones.

Re: Off BC weird symptoms

• jlinasoto said:
    Brand new here. I went off BC in May for the first time in over 15 years. About two weeks later, I had an insane amount of symptoms and my body freaked out. Some, I expected to have, like nausea and headaches and acne. But I had weird GI symptoms and fatigue. Anybody else? I was scared all summer to TTC because I didn't want to have stomach problems during pregnancy but now in starting to think it was my hormones.
    My experience will have no bearing on yours. Are you ovulating? Do you know when in your cycle you had those symptoms? Fluctuating levels of progesterone and estrogen can produce every symptom you mentioned.  By charting my cycles and symptoms I know it's normal for me to have specific symptoms during my luteal phase or around ovulation.
  • Oh my gosh...I can totally relate to this! I went of BCP after being on for 14+- years. Five days after stopping I was sick sick sick. Nausea, aches all over, extreme fatigue, bad cramps...the whole shebang. One of the other nice girls on this forum suggested the term "birth control pill withdrawal". Google it for more information about your symptoms. Tylenol (Advil not rec by Dr when TTC), heating pad, tea and rest (and waiting it out) helped me. In a few days I was feeling better. Hope you feel better soon, hang in there! >:D<
  • Loading the player...
  • I had very similar issues! Not that my experience will mean anything in the context of what your experience will be, but I drove myself crazy for a few months! Best tip is honestly to read through some of the pinned posts on here; hearing about symptom spotting, being PG enough to have symptoms and stuff has really helped me not freak out so much. Aside from that, I take Maca root to help balance my hormones and it has really helped dull down the symptoms each time I've used them! Good luck!
  • jlinasoto said:
    I believe it is common to experience these kind of symptoms when you stop taking hormonal BCP.  If you are still experiencing symptoms you may want to contact your doctor.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
    BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
    BFP 3/6/2016

• Hello! I had some similar symptoms. I had been on BCP for 10+ years and this last month without has been crazy. Especially the mood swings. BCP withdrawal is a very real thing. I mean your body is re-learning how to make its own hormones and create its own cycle after so many years. Still, check in with your doctor to make sure there isn't any other underlying issues.
      Anniversary

• As @LadyMillil said, everyone's experience is different. But I will say that I was incredibly sick the first 1-3 months off birth control right after I ovulated. I had been on it for essentially 15 years. I was very sensitive to the increased progesterone and became extremely nauseous, had terrible stomach aches (so much so that I could barely eat), and was extremely constipated. Are you temping? Do you know if your symptoms correlate with when you ovulate?

Me: 31 DH: 31
    Married August 2013
    TTC #1 since March 2015
    Dx with MFI (low morph) Sept 2015
    November '15: Femara + IUI #1= BFN
    December '15: Femara +IUI #2= BFP on 1/3/16, EDD 9/15/16 9/12/16 by US, DD Born 9/6/16
  • I am three months off bc and I swear it's still screwing with me. Emotional, tired, headaches all the time. Makes one never want to go back on it again.....
  • Yes. When I went off BC i had horrible fatigue and GI issues. It took a couple months for things to balance out.
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes