Pregnant after a Loss

Chemical pregnancy

hi there . I am going through a chemical pregnancy right now after months of fertility treatment . I was so thrilled to get my first positive but then my Hcg levels plateaued and the doctor said its chemical . I am beside myself . My pregnancy tests still say positive but I am waiting for AF to come . Has anyone else gone through this and been successful getting pregnant shortly after ? I'm grieving right now but I want to stay positive and try again . I've heard chemical pregnancies make women more fertile but have no idea if that is true . Any input would be greatly appreciated .

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Chemical pregnancy

• Im sorry for your loss. A good friend of mine just had one last month and she heard the same thing. After my MCs I was told that I would be more fertile and I got pregnant again almost immediately both times. I hope that gives you comfort. Wishing you peace.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you so much @cmerribury . That does give me some reassurance . It's hard to understand the reason for it all - but maybe some bodies just need some "practice " being pregnant before getting it right .

**BFP and loss warning**

• Loading the player...
  • @mskeenan it's very easy to blame yourself, but please resist that temptation. It's impossible to understand why it happens, and it's heartbreaking. I wish you the best with your tries in the future. I'm sure, though it doesn't seem like it now, that you will have a healthy and happy pregnancy in the future. Best of luck.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I had a chemical pregnancy in early August, and got pregnant the next month. I'm almost 6 weeks along right now. I'm waiting for 8 weeks to have an ultrasound. We just found out (after the BFP) that my husband has a chromosome abnormality that causes early miscarriages, although there's still a chance it may be fine. Just a much lower chance that "regular". 
  • Thank you @cmerribury !

I'm so sorry @MandyMost . I'm sorry you have had to go through this as well . Congratulations on your pregnancy though that is so exciting . I am praying everything goes smoothly for yall . That is encouraging that you were able to get pregnant again so quickly !

**BFP and loss warning**

• First I am sorry for your loss.  I had a chemical pregnancy in May and I got my BFP in June.  I didn't even have a cycle in between.  I am not 13w2d.  Best of luck to you!
  • So sorry for your loss! Hopefully my story will give you hope!! I am 25 and two days before my period was to arrive I woke up and just "knew" I was pregnant I took a test and it showed "pregnant 1-2 weeks" I was SO excited..... I went that day on a business trip and later that night had spotting... i just knew something was wrong. I woke up the next day with such bad cramps and so I took a bath only to find red strings all in the bathtub... i knew then that I was losing the baby. Turns out I had indeed had a Chemical Pregnancy. The bleeding lasted about 7 days and was heavy. (typically mine are 5 days) I was so sad... so incredibly sad- i thought something was wrong with me. 

Fast forward to this month my period was late I read that sometimes after CP your period is late I waited and waited and finally tested and got a faint line....tested the next day a little darker and so on. Went to the doctor just had blood work and a sonogram to ensure that i did indeed have a CP and I wasnt further along... they saw a Sac and said everything looks great!! SO, my results came back awesome and we're doing great!!! 

A Chemical Pregnancy is one of the scariest things i've ever been thru but I promise you that you WILL get pregnant and will be just fine!!!!! 

• I'm so sorry for your loss. My last two mcs weren't chemical but I did get pregnant right away again. One I was pregnant within weeks before my first period with my rainbow baby. This time I was pregnant after my first period after the mc and am currently 12w3d. Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a chemical pregnancy the first month we tried following a missed miscarriage. I was depressed and it ruined the holidays for me. The very next month we got pregnant and we had our first child in September!
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I've gotten pregnant quite fast again after my mc and after my 2mmc's. I'm currently 25 w. My sister too got pregnant shortly after her mc and now has a beautiful son! A loss is always hard, but remember it is not your fault.
  • Hey guys -- I just wanted to point out that this post is over 3 months old. I wish the original poster luck, but I'm not sure if she's seeing the responses at this point.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)