May 2016 Moms

Unpopular Opinions

Post your UOs here!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Unpopular Opinions

• Loading the player...
  • @kmalls I'm also over pumpkin everything with the exception of pumpkin spice lattes. Those are yummy. 

I'm over SUVs. Fuel efficiency, people!!

Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• kmallskmalls member
    edited September 2015
    vinerie said:

@kmalls I'm also over pumpkin everything with the exception of pumpkin spice lattes. Those are yummy. 

@vinerie ARE YOU SAYING MY GIANT 8 PASSENGER SUV ISN'T COOL?!
  • vinerie said:

kmalls said:

vinerie said:

@kmalls I'm also over pumpkin everything with the exception of pumpkin spice lattes. Those are yummy. 

@vinerie ARE YOU SAYING MY GIANT 8 PASSENGER SUV ISN'T COOL?!

Is there a stick figure family on the back? 

----------

Fantastic question. No, there is not, nor will there ever be, a stick figure family on the back.
  • @kmalls - totally with you on the pumpkin thing.

My UO is that I can't stand football season. I can watch a game if I'm there in person, but I just get bored watching them on TV. Some of my friends live for watching football on weekends, and I just dont get it.
  • @kmalls ME TOO- totally not a pumpkin fan

I also don't care its football season AT ALL

*Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• I LOVE everything pumpkin! Pumpkin coffee, pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts...except I HATE the pumpkin spice latte, but bring on everything else pumpkin!

In terms of keeping my pregnancy secret, I'm telling anyone that I would tell if I have miscarriage, which is my family and most of my friends. If you would be comfortable telling your boss that anyway, then it absolutely makes sense for you to tell him/her now.

• I'm so glad I'm not alone with my dislike for pumpkin everything. I know I'm in the minority on this but I don't like the pressure I feel to keep my pregnancy a secret. I get that it might lead to miscarriage but the secrecy makes me more anxious about it all. I went ahead and told my boss because if I do miscarry and need time off I want her to know why.
    I'm with you on this. I want to tell everyone! I've had miscarriages and honestly keeping it quiet makes me feel like I'm waiting for it to happen again. Telling people would keep me excited and thinking positively. I'm definitely going to be telling my boss because I work midnights in an assisted living place. I can't work by myself in our dementia ward anymore because I can't change my residents by myself or risk one of them swinging at me. You wouldn't think 90 year old Alzheimers patients would be able to punch you that hard in the stomach but oh boy they can when you catch them on a bad day.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• krzyriver said:
    I'm so glad I'm not alone with my dislike for pumpkin everything. I know I'm in the minority on this but I don't like the pressure I feel to keep my pregnancy a secret. I get that it might lead to miscarriage but the secrecy makes me more anxious about it all. I went ahead and told my boss because if I do miscarry and need time off I want her to know why.
    I'm with you on this. I want to tell everyone! I've had miscarriages and honestly keeping it quiet makes me feel like I'm waiting for it to happen again. Telling people would keep me excited and thinking positively. I'm definitely going to be telling my boss because I work midnights in an assisted living place. I can't work by myself in our dementia ward anymore because I can't change my residents by myself or risk one of them swinging at me. You wouldn't think 90 year old Alzheimers patients would be able to punch you that hard in the stomach but oh boy they can when you catch them on a bad day.

Oh.... I work with elementary kids with Autism and they throw some mean hooks too. I had to alert my team right away so that they know I'm not picking up kids having fits or taking any hits. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • I don't like most pumpkin food, but I love pumpkin candles and pumpkin pie.

My UO: I love rainy days. Everyone's been all "oh this has been the best summer weather ever" and I'm missing the thunderstorms and downpours like a weirdo.
  • @BuzzBee614 I love rain!!! We had a really wet start to the summer but haven't had much rain since July and I'm definitely missing it!
  • I don't completly hate pumpkin, I love pumpkin pie and rolls! I can't knock the latte because I've never had one!

I do for one miss the rain! Matter of fact we have gotten a lot of brief showers this week that my backyard looks like a jungle you can stalk prey in!
  • I love pumpkin, I love rain, I hate football, BUT my UO is that no one else should tell others how to raise their kids... who cares if I breastfeed or bottle feed if my child is fed, who cares if I baby wear or co-sleep, who cares if I go organic or buy happy meals... to each his own as long as my kids don't grow up to be A$$Holes.. btw I will breastfeed and probably baby wear I will NOT cosleep or go organic, but I do want to make my own baby food... 

Oh the opinions of a first time mom. LOL!
  • I love pumpkin, I love rain, I hate football, BUT my UO is that no one else should tell others how to raise their kids... who cares if I breastfeed or bottle feed if my child is fed, who cares if I baby wear or co-sleep, who cares if I go organic or buy happy meals... to each his own as long as my kids don't grow up to be A$$Holes.. btw I will breastfeed and probably baby wear I will NOT cosleep or go organic, but I do want to make my own baby food... 

Oh the opinions of a first time mom. LOL!
    I mean...I really hope that's not a UO! Is it really a popular opinion to tell others how to raise their kids?! If it is, this BMB is going to be terrible...
  • I'm OK with pumpkin LOVE football season and I also believe people shouldn't tell others how to raise their kids. So my big UO is that I absolutely do not and will not vaccinate my kids. Stopped when #2 hit a year. #3 has none and this one will have none as well. I don't care if other people do or not but I always want and will fight for the right to make that choice.
  • lest12 said:

I have zero tolerance for people who don't believe in vaccinating.  I don't even know if I can have legit conversations with them or how they take themselves seriously. 

Yep. All of this.
  • kmalls said:
    I know I'm in the minority on this but I don't like the pressure I feel to keep my pregnancy a secret. I get that it might lead to miscarriage but the secrecy makes me more anxious about it all. I went ahead and told my boss because if I do miscarry and need time off I want her to know why.
    I'm actually 100% with you on this. While we haven't told acquaintances yet, we have told some close friends and our family. I know I'll want the support should the worst happen.

It's really difficult after you have made announcements and have an MC.  You announce your pregnant to the world with joy and happiness, when you MC you don't  but residually you are left with a world of people who still think you are expecting and ask how things are going have you done this or that and then you have to tell them one by one and individually about your loss.  It is exhausting and painful and you have to relive it over an over again.

MY UO: Apparently it's that I like Pumpkin.  lol  No no no.... I don't believe in 'cravings' especially the kind that apparently MAKE you eat that entire cake or tub of ice-cream.  It's just gross.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Keeping with the seasonal theme- I hate Halloween, and my children will never be allowed to trick or treat. Dressing up for school is ok, but telling kids that on one magical night of the year its ok to take candy from strangers??!!?? Effing weird IMO

cat fail animated GIF

• kmalls said:
    Keeping with the seasonal theme- I hate Halloween, and my children will never be allowed to trick or treat. Dressing up for school is ok, but telling kids that on one magical night of the year its ok to take candy from strangers??!!?? Effing weird IMO
    Wait, so you're seriously going to tell your over-excited elementary school-aged children that they can't trick or treat with their friends?

Yup.

cat fail animated GIF

• Par13Par13 member
    edited September 2015
    yogahh said:
    Keeping with the seasonal theme- I hate Halloween, and my children will never be allowed to trick or treat. Dressing up for school is ok, but telling kids that on one magical night of the year its ok to take candy from strangers??!!?? Effing weird IMO
    I'm not a Halloween person at all! (I'm embarrassed to admit, but I'm a huge scaredy-cat that gets nervous passing the Halloween stores that pop up every year.) 

I thought that I would never let DS trick-or-treat either, but we ended up going to nearby neighbors' houses and some friends of ours that DS knows as a compromise, so it's not really "taking candy from strangers". But, I'm sure the preschool/kindergarten/elementary school will have some sort of Halloween/Fall party with candy that your child can participate in too.

edit: spelling errors

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• yogahh said:

That's why we go trick or treating in our neighborhood where we know all our neighbors. Guess we are lucky to have such a nice street where my kids won't be taking candy from strangers. It is kind of a weird concept, but a fun tradition if done safely.
    :-??

Also, as a school nurse (and someone who appreciates NOT suffering from horrific diseases or watching my child die needlessly) I can't stay silent about the anti-vaccers, but I am too tired/mommy-brained to make the impassioned soap box stand the issue deserves. @-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Keeping with the seasonal theme- I hate Halloween, and my children will never be allowed to trick or treat. Dressing up for school is ok, but telling kids that on one magical night of the year its ok to take candy from strangers??!!?? Effing weird IMO
    That's why we go trick or treating in our neighborhood where we know all our neighbors. Guess we are lucky to have such a nice street where my kids won't be taking candy from strangers. It is kind of a weird concept, but a fun tradition if done safely. :-??

Unfortunately in NYC, its rare to know your neighbors. I wish we lived in a cozy community, and maybe someday we will. In that case, minds may be changed. But "stranger danger" is a real thing in this crazy messed up world now.

I agree though that school parties are ok to dress up and have fun!

cat fail animated GIF

• @yogahh I didn't realize you live in NYC. I slightly understand more now ;)
  • kmalls said:
    @yogahh I didn't realize you live in NYC. I slightly understand more now ;)
    Probably should have said that to begin with. But people in this city be cray...

cat fail animated GIF