August 2015 Moms

Bathing?

How often are you all bathing your LO? Ours is 3 weeks old and we live in a drier climate so doc said every 3-4 days but I'd like to wash him more often.

Re: Bathing?

• I go with every other day unless it was super hit that day or if he spits up in his hair a lot
  • We do every other night or every 3rd night. Depends on what we are doing or how we are feeling.
  • Loading the player...
  • I wipe him down whenever necessary, but i only bathe him every 3 days or so. Their skin is still so sensitive that I don't want to risk drying it out or irritating it at all.

• We bathe DS every night, it's part of our routine. He sleeps much better after a bath.
  • About every other day.
  • About every 3 days.
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • I just asked our pediatrician about this today. Every day seems excessive and I don't want to dry out his skin. However, he has a little heat rash and a lot of dry skin at 2 weeks old. Doctor told us every day is just fine, he said it is better to do it more often than not often enough. We always moisturize with baby lotion or baby oil to keep his skin from getting too dry. I'm sure every baby has different skin sensitivities, this is just the advice we got for our LO :)
  • We do one every night for our bath routine as well, but I only use soap for it every few days. The other days are just wiping down in tub with warm water and some spraying from the sink bc she likes it.
  • We do every other night or every 3rd night. Depends on what we are doing or how we are feeling.

This.
  • I bathe DS with me every night. We also lotion after bath time and every morning.
  • 2xs a week. But I do wipe her down every morning with a washcloth and water.
  • Every other night for both my kids.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wednesdays and Sundays.  When he gets older we will incorporate more bath time but honestly right now I just don't want to dry out his skin...he already seems like he is suffering from dry skin at the moment.  Don't want to irritate it too much.
  • I wipe him down whenever necessary, but i only bathe him every 3 days or so. Their skin is still so sensitive that I don't want to risk drying it out or irritating it at all.

This for us too
  • LO loves her baths. Sometimes it's the only thing that will soothe her. We only wash her hair every few days and always put baby lotion on her afterward. It's part of our bedtime routine.
  • I put her in her tub every night, before bed. I only use soap every 3-4 days, but we just sort of sit her in the water and pour it over her belly. She hated it so much in the beginning, we just wanted her to get used to it by being in it every day, even if only for a few minutes. She's just starting to like it!
  • Every 3 days. I do lotion every day and wipe his face down too.
  • gulimz said:

2xs a week. But I do wipe her down every morning with a washcloth and water.

This. She is the third and so I don't have the time! But I bathed my other two every other day and I swear their skin was more dry, so I've intentionally not bathed her because I wanted to see if that would help. It seems to.
  • Whenever I can get to it. My toddler usually tires me out by the time she has had dinner and a bath so LO gets a bath when I'm not totally exhausted. Many times she is bathed due to a poop explosion.
  • Every other night for a sit down bath, just washing him up in between.