March 2016 Moms

Aching gums and teeth....

Currently 13weeks2days and my gums are swollen and sore, and my teeth ache as if I've been eating sour candy for every meal! Is this normal :/ I'm brushing my teeth and Idk what else I can do.

Re: Aching gums and teeth....

• My gums swelled ASAP even before I'd gotten my BFP. Get a dental cleaning and that should help.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Im 17 weeks and this my 4th and all of them I had sore swollen gums and teeth very sensative. It's normal during pregnancy for this to happen. Still go to your dentist and get checked and have teeth cleaned. Its very important. Pregnancy can do a real number on your teeth if not enough calcium.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's normal I'm having the same issue I just had a cleaning and my dentist recommended gargling with Oracare. I started using it a few days ago and the swelling is noticeably down so is the soreness in my gums.
  • My gums bleed like crazy when I floss. I read it's normal---increased sensitivity and blood flow.
  • I've increased flossing to twice a day minimum and I use anti-gingivitis mouthwash every day. I also keep a travel toothbrush and toothpaste with me and brush throughout the day, and I've noticed a big difference! My teeth and gums are terrible during pregnancy.
  • It's pregnancy gingivitis alot of women get it. Just brush twice a day and most importantly floss! It may look like alot of blood but its just your saliva mixed with it so it looks like alot. It's scary. But just keep doing that, get a cleaning done. I worked at a dental office and alot of women didn't take care of it and their gums got sooo inflammed and caused really bad breath.