Pregnant after IF

Early bleeding 5 weeks 1st baby

kmartinez209kmartinez209 member
edited September 2015 in Pregnant after IF
I found out on 8/29 that we are PREGNANT!! After our second ivf on 8/20 this being our first FET we are beyond excited.....until 9/1 I started to have brown spotting nothing huge but it continued until Friday 9/4 when I wiped (TMI) and on my paper was bright red blood, it never soaked a pad some did get on my panty liner but it stopped to a brownish pinkish red after about 2 hours or so but by the end of that night it was done, I didn't have cramps during the red blood but I've cramped since the start of the brown spotting.... My RE wanted me to cOme into the office that night but I had no coverage at work, so I showed up to the office first thing SATURDAY morning I recieved my PIO injection and today SUNDAY I had my 2nd injection still on the progesterone inserts also dropped to twice daily, I still have slight pink spotting but I'm so worried and concerned that I've love my precious child, I don't have an US till 9/21 and they told me taking more HCG blood would be pointless, my last was 9/3 at 681 which had risen from 8/31 at 207.... Does anyone have any suggestions or ️hope or words of advise for my first pregnancy and possible but praying not a MC..... Thank you all in advance for all the responses -- worried mama

Re: Early bleeding 5 weeks 1st baby

• Congrats on your bfp!!!
    Unfortunately, there is nothing myself or anyone can tell you to help put your mind at ease. Also, there is nothing you or anyone can do other than hope and pray everything works out for the better.
    It just sucks to be in that state of the unknown.
    I myself had bleeding early in this pregnancy, but mine was more a huge gush, twice, both turned out to be subchorionic hematomas. SCHs are extremely common and can cause bleeding and issues in different ways. When I called the nurse line with the first bleed, I was taking another medicine suppository and was told they may have irritated blood vessels and caused one to rupture, causing the bleed. Your progesterone suppositories could be causing your slight bleeding.
    I am not trying to give you false hopes at all but I know it's truly scary and can end up being completely fine. With my SCHs, I was on bed rest for a few days in weeks 6 and 7. They eventually subsided and I haven't had any issues since. We are currently 23w1d and I check the tp every single time I use the restroom, it's just a fear that will never go away.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Just keep reminding yourself that today, you are pregnant and growing a little bean. And nothing you have done has caused the bleeding.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • I had bleed around week 8. I also bled right before my first Beta. Thankfully it had nothing to do with the baby and everything to do with a super enriched uterine wall thanks to all the IF drugs. Right now I'm at 37+ weeks.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for giving me hope I never knew of a SCH Im hoping it was something along those lines and not the loss of my child, since we transferred 2 frozen embryos could have been 1 of 2 ya think?
  • Thank you for the advice, I had a few people tell me maybe it's all the meds yours on or were on since the failed fresh cycle, now I'm on estrogen and progesterone injections/vag. Inserts they took me off aspirin on Friday due to the leading and I've also been taking Thyroid meds and of course vitamins so the enriched uterine wall could very well be my case too and for the sake of my precious baby I hope it's something like that and not the baby.... Thank you both again for responding to my worry
  • Hi there. Congratulations on your bfp! No one can give you real reassurance except your RE, of course, and that first u/s is going to be a huge relief, but before you panic just keep in mind that spotting during early pregnancy is not uncommon and not necessarily indicative of a problem. I had spotting very early on, and the nurse practitioner at the fertility clinic thought it was implantation bleeding. It was mostly brown and lasted several days. It started the day before my first beta test. I'm also on progesterone suppositories, and I've read that some doctors think they can contribute to bleeding and spotting. I've also had heavier bleeding in more recent weeks from an SCH, but my OB said it was minor, and an emergency ultrasound showed the baby measuring exacly on target with a strong heartbeat. My OB prescribed complete pelvic rest and told me to stop running and intense exercise until it gets reabsorbed. They are very common. I'm only 9 weeks 4 days, do I can't say yet if this will be a successful pregnancy, but the early spotting came and went and did not cause any problems. Good luck! I hope you have a healthy pregnancy.
  • I will tell you my experience. On our second IVF (3 days before beta was scheduled) I started spotting one evening so DH said I should POAS to see the neg test and we would know our answer. Well, that POAS was positive. I remember it so clearly. It was a super bowl Sunday and we had a bday party and party to watch the game. I was on prog inserts and they made my discharge clumpy anyway, but the day of my positive PG test I was bleeding and it was terrifying. We did a beta on that next day and my betas were good! By the second beta I stopped bleeding (over all it was red blood then turned brown). To this day I kinda believe the second embryo took and miscarried. But there was no way to prove that. As I am typing this my IVF miracle is about to turn 2! (We also had a SCH with him where I POURED blood into the toilet one whole night).

Moral of my stories. Sadly pregnancies for those of us that go through IVF are terrifying and it's hard to believe they are real till a baby is in our arms. I really hope you are a success story!! GL!!
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • All the other ladies captured things perfectly. We're thinking of you and please keep us updated. Sending you good vibes and positive thoughts until you know more!

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• Thank all you ladies for your positive stories, im a little freaked out right now, today would be 4 days from the date I had the bright red blood, I've had pink spotting through out the days but nothing like the bright red on Friday so when I woke up this morning my breasts didn't feel sore anymore like they had been for days now so I took a preg test at about 4:30am (my dog had to pee too) so I was up early FMu figured I'd try, these are the same tests id used 5 times before with dark lines ( they are dollar tree brand) so I waited normally they had been coming up within seconds this one took forever and a faint lined showed up about the same color as when I tested 4dp6dt I freaked out why were they dark and now light im about 19dp6dt now so I laid back down went back to sleep woke back up about 7:15 took another test same thing im loosing my mind right now, have I lost my baby? All my symptoms are going away my tests are faiding this is the worst experience ever after trying for 10 years this was our FIRST bfp and now I'm so lost im trying to keep calm but I'm so scared and U.S. isn't until 9/21 im going to loose my mind by then there's no way idk wth to do..... Ladies any advise for this panicked mama :0(
  • Sorry you're going through this. I would definitely call your RE and asked at least for a repeat beta, and possibly for an early US.
  • I called my RE yesterday spoke to the nurse she said all my symptoms were not warning signs for them so I called this morning and left a message for my cordinator letting her know about my tests this Morning haven't heard nothing yet...
  • Lost our baby--- confirmed today :(
  • I am so sorry for your loss
    Me - 32 
    Husband - 32
    TTC #1 - since 10/16/2012 
    IVF#1 6/2015 BFN 
    FET 7/2015 - BFP

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. Take time you need to grieve and process and know you did everything you could.
    Good luck on your journey.
  • I am so so sorry.
  • I am so sorry for your loss.

Me: 35 DOR - AMH 1.1 FSH 5.6

DH: 39

09/01/10 - First pregnancy - my sweet son was born 

04/25/14 - Miscarriage at 9 weeks - Turner Syndrome 

08/01/14 - Miscarriage at 8 weeks - Trisomy 9 

October 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

November 2014 - IUI month skipped due to cyst 

December 2014 - Unsuccessful IUI 

January/February 2015 - Failed IVF (standard long protocol) - 7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized (ICSI), 0 made it to blast, 0 for testing 

March/April 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 6 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 2 blasts for biopsy! 

May/June 2015 - Microflare IVF protocol with HGH - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized (ICSI), 3 blasts for biopsy!

06/18/15 -  Two healthy embies based on PGS testing by Natera!

June/July 2015 - FET cycle with estradiol & PIO shots, a Neupogen treatment, and accupuncture

07/08/2015 - Transferred one lovely embie 

07/17/2015 - Beta #1 136

07/20/2015 - Beta #2 529 -- BFP!!!

• I'm so sorry.
  • Thank you all ladies I feel so lost right now after my loss, it's not even real but it is I don't know what to make of this was I even pregnant? After finding out our 132 beta on the 29th I started brown spotting that Tuesday so 3 days later was I even really prego? I feel so weird did I have a Chem pregnancy? Only symptoms was bloating, breast tenderness and some light nausea im so confusfused right now..... How would I know if I was actually pregnant? They told me yesterday at the Drs office my numbers dropped from 681 last Thursday to 81 yesterday and to stop my progesterone injections/inserts and stop my estrogen that I'll have a full flow after that and then I'll have to come in for my RHneg shot since im a- blood type so will my full flow period have my baby in it?!? Omg.... This is nuts I can't believe this im freaking out I can't believe this is reality after 10 years this is such a smack in the face I wish I could just run far far away from my own body :(
  • Oh sweetie. I am so sorry for your loss. I have had my share of losses too: a CP, an 11 week missed M/C and an 18week twin miscarriage/stillborn birth. They have all been hard in different ways.

A CP will be more like a regular period but may be heavier bleeding and cramping. There is no way to tell if you had a baby in there or not. Something started forming and then sadly something wasn't right and your body knew to miscarry. The baby if there was one will be too small to see in your period. I saw my 7week baby that was supposed to be 11weeks on the ultrsound and then when I passed all the blood and clots I never saw the baby. With both of those miscarriages I wanted to know what was going to happen and thankfully the miscarriage and loss board was amazing and also I had some friends in real life that talked me through my m/c. Feel free to PM me with any questions and I hope you get to move forward when you are ready and get your take home baby soon.
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • @jeannaqueena Thank you so much for your words I really appreciate that, I started AF today im not sure if I want to do this again part of me wants to not give up but the other part of me says no just wait awhile, I don't know what's right for me anymore, I made a really bad choice when I was a teenager and honestly I feel Im being punished with not being able to conceive and carry again I feel horrible that was almost 18 years ago I've prayed and prayed and asked for forgiveness and then we got our BFP! Then as soon as I could feel happiness it was over and it's like I knew it was over I just can't make sense of my life and why I can't be a great mom im sorry for my stupid choices as a kid I'd never even think of making that choice at my age now I gladly accept what god blesses us with what ever the case may be. I'm so sorry to hear of your losses im petrified to loose a baby who's formed in my body I don't understand why my babies left me but I think I'd loose it totally if I lost them at a stage where I could actually see them, I just don't know if I'm strong enough to do this, strong enough to stay strong during all this stress and what if's! In some ways but not all ways I wish someone could carry my embryos that would Forsure carry them to be healthy and placed in my arms but the other part of me says NO your not going to give up your right as a woman to feel the blessing of your baby push his/her foot all in your ribs :) did you finally get your blessing? I sure home so XoXo
  • @kmartinez209
    I don't know what happened at 18, but this is not a punishment. Sadly we will never understand why some it is so easy to get PG at any age and others so hard. I will tell you this. All my heartache and worry has been worth it.

We have been very blessed and I know each of my children are miracles. We tried for 14 months watching many friends announce their miracles. We finally got PG on our own and then found out it was identical twin boys. Sadly, at my big ultrsound they were gone and I was induced the next morning. That was the hardest thing I have EVER been through. We heald them and loved on them. We had to wait 3 months and then I was given clomid. To this day I believe God knew I couldn't handle much more. That baby is 4.5 years old and he is amazing. Then we thought clomid was our miracle and sadly on it we had the Chemical Pregnancy. More treatments and months/years we ended up on our second round of IVF and last due to money. We lucked out again and got PG and I delivered my "troublemaker" who is about to turn 2!!! he is sooo worth all the emotions, drugs and craziness and money! We had one embryo that was frozen. In January (while still breastfeeding) I found out I got PG on my own. We were so excited! I just knew that baby was going to complete my family dream of 3 kids.....at 11 weeks I just knew. I knew it was over and we rushed to get an ultrasound and found out the baby hadn't developed passed 7 weeks. I miscarried at home. That was very hard and very painful. The placenta had continued to grow even when the baby didn't. It was like a mini labor and my husband was amazing. Soon after we decided after my body healed we would transfer our last embryo. I am now a very terrified 16 weeks pregnant with a little girl. Every other day I get stressed and my home Doppler is my BFF!

I guess I tell you all my story because you CAN do it. It's not fun. It's not easy. It's a long road. BUT when you look at that baby it is all worth it. that baby starts to take away the pain and time does heal. You are in the middle of the worst part, the bottom of the pit. You can't see the light. I wish so much we could see the future and know it will turn out ok.

I pray for my IF ladies all the time, for the women going through miscarriages for the women crying with empty arms. I hope you have a good doctor and have the support at home to make the best decision for your family. It isnt easy. Again I can't say it enough. I am so very sorry for your loss. I am here to chat anytime. Take care of yourself. Treat yourself to something good.

• I am so, so sorry for your loss. All I can add is that this is definitely not a punishment. I don't know what religion you are (if any) or what you believe, but the G-d I worship is loving and caring and grieves with us when we are grieving. Sometimes terrible things happen, and it's not for any "reason" or punishment, it's nobody's fault, it's just a thing that happens. Please please don't blame yourself. None of us here can promise that you will get your miracle rainbow baby, but we can promise to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Please give yourself time to heal physically and emotionally. If you decide to try again, we are here for you and we will be rooting for you all the way.
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15