Pregnant after IF

Iui suggestions? Meds? Timing? How many follicles do you have?

Hi, I am doing my iui for male factor. I really hope the iui can help us. I have 3 questions about the iui. 1. What medication did you use for your successful iui? 2. How many inseminations did you have? My doctor normally does the iui 36 hours after trigger. I might suggest 2 inseminations which are 24 and 48 hours after the trigger. 3. How many mature follicle did you have for your successful iui? Thanks! My best wishes to you all!

Re: Iui suggestions? Meds? Timing? How many follicles do you have?

• Our issue wasn't MFI, but endo and thin lining, so not sure how much that'll apply to you. I was on letrozole and follistim, trigger, and my IUI was done 12 hours later (next morning) as I was having my LH surge at my last bloodwork and ultrasound. I had one mature follie (21), and 2 at 15mm...we actually thought we'd have an extra day of monitoring, but my LH surge decided otherwise.

Because you should be ovulating 36hrs after the trigger and it's best if the sperm is there before the egg, it might be best to do 12 and 36hrs instead?

Good luck!
  • @KidShrink thank you very much for your suggestion. Good luck on your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Sarah1516 I was on letrozole and FSH injections with the ovidrel trigger. I had on mature follicle and did one IUI about 39 or 40 hours after the trigger shot. I went in for blood work 36 hours after trigger (morning of IUI) to get my progesterone checked. Good luck to you!!