New Jersey Babies

Baby Activities in Burlington County?

hi all,
Wondering if any of you ladies know of any baby friendly groups or activities in Burlington County (I'm in Bordentown). I'm new to the area, and don't know anyone nearby with little ones. My son is 15 weeks old and I would love to find him a play group, or class to go to. TIA for any ideas!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Baby Activities in Burlington County?

• I'm going to follow this thread for future reference. I'm pregnant with my first and am in Burlington county. Also new to the area, moved from PA in June!
  • Hi! You're the first to respond...I haven't met any other moms on here from Burlington County.  :(
    Where are you located? I'm in Bordentown.  There's a few young moms in my neighborhood, and they recommended checking out a local church, so I'm hoping to do that in the next few weeks.  I'll keep you posted! :)

When are you due?  

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • rachie487rachie487 member
    edited October 2015
    I'm in Maple Shade, I'm due May 7:)
  • Dannylion24Dannylion24 member
    edited October 2015
    4 kiddos here, ages 7,6,2, and 8 months and I live in Marlton. I highly recommend the Burlington county library system - just go their events search function and select your local library - I've found tons of options (music, tumbling, crafts, yoga, storytime) for all my kiddos' ages - starting at 3 months. Also, once your little one is walking checkout Skyzone in maple shade - they offer an hour and a half toddler time 3 morning a week for only $5. Pottery barn kids does tea times, michaels has free crafting events for children on the weekends, Barnes & nobles has story time, lowes and Home Depot offer free build and grow kids workshops on the weekends. There's also jellybean jungle, garden state discovery museum, bounce u, pump it up, mygym, little gym, Gymboree, Johnson's farm, Indian acres tree farm, big league dreams, and evesham township (check out their recreation tab on the website) has a slew of inexpensive classes that rotate every season including an infant swimming course - your town may have something similar. There's a mommy club called 'mothers of marlton' (MOM) as well - it seems to nationwide initiative so Im betting there is one closer to where you live. Some of these recommendations will be for much later on, but best of luck! It's a GREAT area :)

Edit: another one of our favorite haunts is the Camden Children's Garden.
  • Thanks so much, @Dannylion24 !! I'm already a member of the library system so that seems like it will be a great resource when the time comes. I'm already learning to love this area (just moved here in June) and I can't wait to raise my family here. :D
  • Awesome!! Another place I thought of was 'My Little Adventures' in Mount Laurel. They offer infant classes starting at three months.
  • I am now in Cherry Hill (Camden county). I grew up in Bordentown and just moved from there this past June. I miss it! Such a great little town to raise a family in! I do agree with the above suggestions, as well as PAWS farm in mount laurel, rancocas nature center, Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge in Medford, and our personal favorite (but more when kiddo is about 3ish) is Fernbrook Farm in Bordentown/chesterfield. My son has been attending their programs since he was a toddler.
    We are outdoor people, lol
    I have a just about 6 year old, and am 3 mos pregnant.