November 2015 Moms

maybe he will be interested when shes born

He loves me and im carrying his first. Could it be hes never done this before and will turn into that great dad the second shes born? Maybe its just not really real till shes here. Not sure how it is for guys but when i was pregnant with my other girl my husband dived in to be a part. He was in awe watchin her move. This just sux..n makes me feel like he has more important things to do. If its not instinct to want to be a part then what have i gotten myself into

Re: maybe he will be interested when shes born

• I hate to say it, but having a baby won't change anything. You need to set him straight now, otherwise he will keep treating you poorly. Unfortunately, you can't make him be excited, he has to do that on his own.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband changed his mind about having a baby when he met his son.  Total 180.  From what I understand, though, this is usually not the case.  You say he loves you, and it's ultimately your choice to keep him around or not, but he's got to love both you and the baby if you want things to work out in the long run.
  • So you have another child? How is he with her?
  • As @scw89 said, things are not likely to change once baby has arrived unless you address your concerns with him.
    You say you have another child from a previous relationship, how is he with her?
    You really need to give us a bit more information for any of us to give specific advice.
  • I need more to fully understand what you mean . Is he attentive to you but is not into belly rubs or ultrasounds ? Does he say rude things to you or say he is not happy?

Men are all different and handle things differently . They also don't usually feel the same way we do , we get to feel the baby day by day .

My husband is not a big belly fan, he touches her from time to time but is definitely not the jump for joy type . The moment his children come out he goes into pride and joy mode.

• My boyfriend is excited in his own way, I've learned to accept it. It would really bother me at first because it seemed as if I was the only one interested with the visits and movements etc. I expressed my concern at one point and that helped a lot. He said he didn't even realize it was bothering me he was just being normal. Guys will be guys. I also read on another thread someone suggested to have our fellas rub lotion on the belly daily, he does that now and I love it and it gives him those few minutes to focus on the belly and baby.
  • I'm with others, I need more info. What is it he is or isn't doing?

My husband is not into prepping for baby, doesn't get into naming (thinks it's fine to wait until last min), and he's not all about the belly. I'll mention the baby is moving like crazy and he just says oh good, it's my desire that he would want to feel but I guess it's just not his thing. He only feels my belly when I tell him to. But I know he's an awesome daddy when the baby is here, he holds them, snuggles em, changes dirty diapers without being asked, and feeds them when he can.

He does however go to every appointment with me.

So go really answer your question I would need to know what he is doing, you were very vague