Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Re: .

• Options
    Hi, I'm new here :)
    I have a three year old daughter and I love her dearly but my husband and I really want more.  I suffered a miscarriage in January and have been trying ever since to get pregnant.  I found out I had REALLY low progesterone levels and have now been on progesterone long enough to possibly get pregnant.  However, this "game" is really tiring.  I really struggle at the end of the two week wait.  I start to notice things that could mean I'm pregnant and then in the end I never am.  This month seems different.  I am having symptoms that really make me think I am pregnant...
    Very Moody
    I get hungry and suddenly STARVING and weak (kind of shaky)
    A different kind of tired like I'm weak and shaky (kind of like when I'm hungry)
    possibly bloated
    I had a weird few days of diarrhea without being sick
    Cramping about half way through my cycle (I think after ovulation but I don't know). I still get some light cramps here and there
    And...the girls are sore which is not a normal PMS thing for me.

I used to have a 28 day cycle but for the past couple months I've been on about a 31 day cycle so I'm due in 3 days.  I'm going crazy with the waiting and the mind games.  I really think I could be pregnant but I've thought that before.  This month though things seem different.  After so many months of disappointment it's hard to imagine actually getting a positive pregnancy test.  I want to test but I'm terrified and I know it's more likely to be accurate if I wait a few more days.  
    QFP

The only definitive sign of early pregnancy is a positive test. If you're showing symptoms that are due to pregnancy, you would be able to turn a test. Unfortunately, early pregnancy symptoms overlap a lot with PMS and other issues. So the only thing you can do is test. 
    Married 6/20/2015
    Mirena removed 7/6/2015
    TTC#1 July 2015
    BFP 12/4/2015
    Sam born 8/4/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    None. An +HPT. All the cycles I've been pregnant I've felt normal.

I'm sorry for your loss.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Symptoms tend to only make sense in hindsight. PMS and KU symptoms are pretty identical, so until you turn a positive HPT or get AF, it's impossible to know.

• Options
    As PP have said pregnancy signs and PMS signs are very similar. The only way to know would be to POAS. That said, welcome and good luck. If you are pregnant no need to update and you can just move on to the BMB. If you are not pregnant feel free to stick around and join in on the WTO and TWW threads. They help with the crazy feelings and symptom spotting. Also read the Ultimate TTGP Guide pinned at the top of the page.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    Only way of knowing is a positive test. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    I agree with the PP above....Every woman is different. Every cycle is different. Every pregnancy is different. There's really no way to know until you get a positive test. With my DD my only signs were that I ate an entire bag of puffed cheetos and a tub of kiwis for dinner one night
    :-?? I had no symptoms otherwise. Good luck!

PS: If you're not charting your cycles, I highly suggest that you try it out. Lurk around this board, and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Yep, agree with PP's.  Positive test.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Options
    Sorry for your loss. 
    Agree with others, take a test and then you'll know. Sometimes our bodies just decide to act one way and then two months later they'll be completely different. 

Also, as @josie12367 stated, start charting your cycles and temping. This way you can keep track and get a better idea of what's really going on each month. You can also check out the pinned thread at the top of the board The Ultimate TTGP Guide. 

Good luck!
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    Married: 09/18/2009
    TTC #1: 01/2015
    BFP #1: May 2015 | EDD: Jan 2016 | MC: Jun 2015
    TTC#2: 07/2015

• Options

And also side effects of Progesterone mimic pregnancy symptoms.  I'm exhausted, nauseous, peeing a lot, etc.  I'm 5dpiui.  I'm not pregnant yet. 

As PP said, if those are true pregnancy symtpoms, you can turn a test. 

• Options
    I'm sorry for your loss. The only sign I'd rely on is a positive test, since that's the only way you can be sure. Best of luck.
  • Options
    I am sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately other than a positive test nothing is really reliable. Every woman is different and every pregnancy is different so a woman might have completely different symptoms from pregnancy to pregnancy.  There's really no way to answer the question. 

Also, if your symptoms were related to pregnancy, you'd turn a positive test, so again, symptoms aren't going to tell you any earlier.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for you loss. Symptoms mean absolutely nothing without a positive test, which is why we don't encourage symptom spotting and false hope here. If any of your symptoms are pregnancy related, you would be able to turn a test.

Image result for bobs burger gifs

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadeaa27518d817eb3a350c501028155427jpghttpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUpload6bbb16d010206d10646648f568faa060jpg

• Options
    Echoing the only symptom that counts is a positive pregnancy test.

• Options
    Our bodies are liars don't listen to them! Just take a test they are cheap enough take one everyday until BFP or AF shows up :)
  • Options
    ++++ test

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    Just chiming in to echo all the previous posters. I had crazy weird things going on in my body last week, like nausea, which I never have, and a whole host of other pregnancy like symptoms. Not pregnant. Test will tell you for sure.

So sorry for your loss. As for TTC, we all know how hard it is ... Hang in there and try not to make it harder by symptom spotting yourself crazy.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    Welcome, sorry for your loss. It's quite a journey we ladies are on. Symptom spotting psyches me out every time. I'll tell you the same thing I tell myself each month, "If you're pregnant enough to have symptoms, you're pregnant enough to turn a test." I wish you good luck and hope your stay is short, but in the meantime the WTO and TWW threads are day makers.
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.

The only way you'll know for sure is with a positive HPT.  Best of luck to you!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Pssst, @vampbride99, this thread is from 3 days ago...

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Options
    Courtney2MCourtney2M member
    edited September 2015
  • Options

It was negative...again.

Then you're still not pregnant
    image image
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    Zombie thread alert....

• Options
    I really hope you didn't mean that offensively because I'm smart enough to know that the negative meant I'm not pregnant. Thanks.
    Did you read any of the responses on your thread?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    yes. all of them. why?
    Because you didn't respond to any of them or acknowledge them?
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I really hope you didn't mean that offensively because I'm smart enough to know that the negative meant I'm not pregnant. Thanks.
    No one meant it offensively, she was just stating a fact. If the test is negative, then you aren't pregnant at this time. Please take the advice that was given to you 10 days ago. If you were to participate in the TWW/WTO threads, you may learn some more and gain some insight. This is a very supportive community but you have to give support to get support. Start temping, check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility and read the threads at the top of the board. A negative pregnancy test belongs in the TWW thread, no need to update us with your own thread. 
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    I didn't find anything to respond to.  And now the thread was old so I was letting anyone who may wonder know the results. 
    If you read my comment above, it tells you where to post things like this. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    I'm glad I never held my breath for that response 8->
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Options
    edited September 2015
  • Options
    lovearoolovearoo member
    edited September 2015

wow. thanks. That doesn't sound like much support.  I'm new to the Bump and didn't quite know how things work.  Actually nearly everyone's comments made me feel belittled.  There really was no need to clarify that I'm not pregnant.  I'm not stupid. Sometimes people are interested in knowing what the results were so I answered that.  I have yet to see how this is really a very supportive group. 

Dude. Lose the attitude toots! Did you ever lurk at all during your wait?? You would know that dirty deleting all your posts is VERY frowned upon.
    You should also see that everyone was VERY supportive and nice to you. They gave you good information/advice. Plenty of us know what it's like to have a loss but we also won't give you false hope. I suffered a loss and also have low progesterone. Progesterone can mimic pregnancy symptoms. We can't tell you you're pregnant it's against the rules, also it's physically impossible to tell if you are or not. The only way to know if you're pregnant is to take a test. If you have "symptoms" but a negative test then your symptoms are not caused by pregnancy.
    Did you want us to lie to you? Tell you you're totally knocked up and to start planning for your new baby only for you to find out you're NOT pregnant and to be crushed all over again?
    I honestly cannot understand why people do what you just did. Completely ungrateful and inconsiderate.

Eta: qbf
  • Options
    Dirty delete... How original.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"