Pregnant after a Loss

Words of Encouragement - God is in Control!

Hello Ladies,
I write this in hopes of encouraging someone going through the same situation that I am currently in.  They found an abnormality at our 12 week ultrasound and we lost our first baby sometime between 12-14 weeks.  That was my first pregnancy and I wasn't prepared for anything to go wrong; my husband and I were both healthy individuals and had done all the right things.  I remember being almost in shock when they could not detect a heartbeat; it didn't seem real at first.  Then my D & C surgery was on the exact same day that a good friend gave birth to her healthy baby boy.  That coincidence only made it worse.  But... after having time to digest everything that had happened I can only come to one conclusion:  God is in control!  I worried myself sick after the 12 week ultrasound, googling everything known to man.  Then I realized, there really is no point to the endless worrying, or asking 'why me', or 'why her'.  Ultimately, God is in control of each and every one of our lives and HIS timing and HIS plan are perfect, even if they don't match up with our plans.  So now, exactly 1 year later, I find myself 8 weeks pregnant again and, yes, I am human, I have been anxious and worried at times.  But, if it is in God's plan for us to have a healthy baby, then it will happen.  If it is not in HIS plan, then we will patiently wait.  We just have to remember to "Let Go and Let God'.  I hope that you may find some peace in this verse below:

Philippians 4:6-7Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Re: Words of Encouragement - God is in Control!

• David gnocce (spelling?) has a song and one line always gets me when I really need it. 'be still and trust my plan.' It is so easy to think we have control over our lives, but it takes trials like this, to remind us that he is in control. I am a musical person, so some of my go to songs when I am feeling sorry for myself are 'blessings' by Laura story (always makes me cry) and matt hammit's album every falling tear, more specifically his song called 'let go'. My loss occurred the week that my SIL had her 4th healthy baby (I had my d&c the day after my nephew was born), and I would be lying if I said there haven't been feelings of hurt and jealousy about that. But, ultimately, my loss would have occurred regardless and my SIL is an awesome mom and handles four boys under the age of 7 with a calm smile somehow. So, I can't logically be mad, but their day of celebration is a day before what was one of the worst days of my life. So, still makes it hard. Glad I am not the only one who sees God in all of this pain. Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of people rely on that reassurance. Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you!