Baby Showers

The Bump wants to hear your Baby Registry Advice!

BumpCaitlinBumpCaitlin admin
Moderator 250 Love Its 100 Comments Second Anniversary
edited August 2015 in Baby Showers
Hey, Bump Moms!

The Bump is working on creating guides for moms-to-be all about Baby Registries. No one knows the ins-and-outs of Registries better than moms who have already put theirs together!

We are creating registry guides geared towards...
- Moms-to-be that live in big cities
- Moms-to-be that commute and/or live in suburban areas
- Eco-Friendly moms-to-be
- Moms-to-be of multiples
- Minimalist moms-to-be

If you're a mom with experience creating a registry and fit into one of these categories, we want to hear your registry words of wisdom! If you could talk to a mom-to-be similar to you, what advice would you give her about registering?

From must-have items she absolutely needs to include to items that aren't necessary, we want to hear all your Registry tips and tricks! 

Share in the comments below!

Re: The Bump wants to hear your Baby Registry Advice!

• My number one tip I used is, think of where you go most of the time...(parks,in the gravel or grass) I bought a travel system with rubber wheels to make it easier to go through gravel and grass compared to plastic wheels. But if I had to do it over again I definitely would have got the convertible car seat so you don't have to buy another one! My main registery consists of johnsons wash gift sets, receiving blankets, toys, clothes, diapers and bottles!
  • Not sure if I fit into any of those aforementioned categories, but my #4 is around eight months old and here is a list of some of my favorite items for him, and the previous three;

Bath lounger by summer, rock and play, IKEA changing table and organizational unit (most people skip this, but i'm pretty tall and can't stand changing kiddos on the floor because it hurts my back - it's also great for storing all of your baby supplies and spare clothes right where you'll need them), travel swing (doesn't take as much space as a regular swing and great for on the go), born free infant bottles, born free 3 compartment formula divider if you are not nursing, I have a double Bob jogging stroller, but have heard great things about the double city mini in terms of them being lighter and less bulky, muslin receiving blankets, a shower cap style cover for a bucket carseat (Eddie Bauer makes an inexpensive one sold at target), teething rings you can freeze, WHITE NOISE machine, simple vtech monitor, fisher-price sit me up chair, and the amazing but gross Nose Frida nasal suctioner.