October 2015 Moms

Sacroiliac joint pain

Anyone else having horrendous pain in their hips/bum?? I can hardly walk. Each step I take sends the WORST jolts of pain into my hips/bum. My Dr put me off work. I cant move in bed, it feelsl ike my hips are going to lock when I bend. Its awful!!! Worst pain I have ever experienced.

Re: Sacroiliac joint pain

• Story of my life. You aren't alone. Just nearing the end of your pregnancy.
  • I'm with you, my chiropractor did an adjustment on me but the fix didn't last very long.
  • Loading the player...
  • Im soooo over this pregnancy lol. As soon as this young lady decides to make her appearence... She is GROUNDED for putting her momma through hell LOL.
  • My SI joint pain was worse with my first, but it's still bad with this one.  I got a memory foam mattress topper, I sleep with a pillow between my knees, and both of those things help a lot.  But maaannnnn it's bad.  
  • Within the last week I have gotten the same pain. My hips lower back and butt hurt sooooo bad most of the time every step I take kills me, I've just assumed it's a normal part of the end of my pregnancy. 33 weeks 2 days
  • My OB said it can last weeks after baby arrives and to becareful when lifting the baby after to avoid permanent damage.
  • Same here... But I've had it since the midpoint! The maternity belt helps, but seems to push baby even more into my ribs. Less than five weeks, less than five weeks...
  • I had this issue when she was breech..
    I went to a couple indoor water aerobics classes that provided me with a lot of relief. Something about the water moved her or made her bouyant and the pain was gone. I was the only one under the age of 60, but the ladies were super sweet :)
  • I have this issue all the time prior to pregnancy due to a rare autoimmune disease (ankylosis spondylitis). The pain I have experienced from being pregnant is a million times worse though.
  • I had this issue when she was breech..
    I went to a couple indoor water aerobics classes that provided me with a lot of relief. Something about the water moved her or made her bouyant and the pain was gone. I was the only one under the age of 60, but the ladies were super sweet :)

I've been doing aquatic therapy all summer and most of the patients in the pool with me are older. But I've made friends with one of the older ladies! It's funny how friends pop up in unlikely places. :)

Ditto on the back pain. I have a bulging disc in my lumbar/sacral region. No fun! :(
  • Crazy miserable hip pain from hell... hurts to get in car, hurts to move in bed, cant sleep on side so I have to sleep on back (ouch) because my hips pop or shift or something :/ hurts to put on socks, shoes, pants, to walk, to work, etc. :(
  • I have tremendous hip and joint pain as well, and noticed icing seems to help a bit. But I don't know what to do about the popping in my hips when I walk, it just seems to come out of the socket.

• Seems like the back and hip pain are just getting worse. It sucks. I thought are bodies were supposed to loosen up closer to delivery not get stiffer! :(
  • It has been getting worse and worse for me. The past couple of days, I want to cry. And I usually have a pretty high tolerance for pain.

Signed,
    Up at 4:03 am for this very reason :(
  • I've been doing prenatal yoga and the yoga ball works wonders! Just sitting on it and doing hip circles can relieve a lot of pain/pressure. I also like laying on the floor, calves on the ball and rock your hips side to side so the floor massages your hips. Feels sooooo good!!!