August 2015 Moms
Options

Breastfed babies with a blister

I ran a quick search but I didn't see anything regarding my question. My baby has been breastfeeding since day 1 and have always been told she has a great latch however about two - three days ago (8 days old) we noticed a blister would develop on her top lip after a feeding and goes away in about an hour. I don't think it causes her pain but I want to know if I should contact the doctors or just wait for her appointment on Friday.

Me: 25 DH: 27

Married: April 25th, 2014

DD #1: August 20th, 2015
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breastfed babies with a blister

• Options
    I noticed the same thing the other day!! Although my LO gets it on both her top and bottom lips. I'll be going down to the clinic in the morning to see what they say, but would be interested to see how many others have experienced this...
  • Options
    I think this is quite normal, my DD had that on her top lip for a while after feeding. I seem to recall someone telling me that it meant the latch was not quite right, but I could be wrong. At any rate it stopped happening as she got bigger.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD has a blister on her top lip too. I asked our pediatrician about it at her last appointment and she said it was completely normal. I believe she called it a "sucking blister".
  • Options
    Yup totally normal. I've had bottlefed and breastfed babies. No matter how they were fed they got that weird blister in the center of the top lip. Eventually they won't get it anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you guys :)

Me: 25 DH: 27

Married: April 25th, 2014

DD #1: August 20th, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has had it since he was born. It will pop or dry up, then another one will form. I asked the pediatrician and LC about it. It is completely normal. He is 4 weeks today.