Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Pregnant After Neonatal Loss *update: loss*

hawksfan82hawksfan82 member
edited September 2015 in Pregnant after a Loss
Hello Everyone,

I guess I'm new to this board. Today my husband and I found out we are expecting our second baby. We are "cautiously excited"...a feeling I'm sure most of you know too well. Our first pregnancy went perfect. I gave birth to our full-term son at 39+3. He had meconium and was sent to the NICU. After 3 days in the NICU he passed away. We did not expect that at all because the outcome is usually a good one. We are still relatively new on this journey (he was born in May). It's reassuring to hear that the chances of this happening to us again are slim but we can't help but be nervous since its early on and our "milestone" to reach is birth. I imagine I will be active on this board and full of questions. I look forward to getting to know you.

***UPDATE***
This past Tuesday I woke up bleeding so my husband took me to the ER. They did blood tests and an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed absolutely no signs of a baby and my hCG was only 6. I went to my OB a couple of days later and my hCG dropped to 1.8. So, that definitely confirms a loss. I go back Monday to meet with my new OB. I want to switch to the doctor that delivered our son because he was awesome and is now emotionally invested in us. I'm hoping he gives us the go ahead to try again soon. Hopefully I'm back on this board soon. Many hugs to all of you!
Anniversary

Re: Pregnant After Neonatal Loss *update: loss*

• Options
    Oh wow @hawksfan82 I can't even begin to imagine your pain from losing your son. But I do want to say welcome and congratulations on the positive news. You're positive outlook is inspiring and I wish you the a happy and healthy 9 months and the most perfect full life with your next miracle.
  • Options
    I know that nothing anyone can say will make this easier. I pray for your peace and inner happiness.
    Congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the kind words, @MamaRoni and @Plleriti1
    Anniversary

• Options
    I wish you nothing but the best.  Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Options
    Congratulations on baby #2! I hope everything goes smooth this pregnancy as well as your delivery. So sorry for the loss of your son. What is his name if you don't mind sharing?
  • Options
    @rachrobertson: His name is Nathan Thomas :)

Thanks everyone!
    Anniversary

• Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine. Congratulations on your new pregnancy and best of luck for these next 9 months and beyond!