Trying to Get Pregnant

Has anyone else already picked out names.

As soon as we started TTC we began thinking about names. We aren't even prefers yet and have already decided on a name for either gender.

Yes, I know. We are jumping the gun..

Re: Has anyone else already picked out names.

• Sorry. Darn you autocorrect. I meant "preggers" not "prefers".
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing is, we are hoping for a boy. But I really wanna use my girls name. But no boys named Sue here. Lol
  • LitterateurLitterateur member
    edited August 2015
    Yes
    Eta: and I'm not sharin'! [-X

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Yep, we have a short list of favorite names.
  • DH & I talk about names we like (& don't like) all the time. We haven't fully decided on any at the moment, a lot can change still between now & the arrival of a baby. It's fun to discuss, though! :) 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • DH and I have two boys name picked out but we cannot agree on a girls name. But I figured if/when the time comes that we do have a girl we will be able to figure something out.
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• DH and I have discussed names that we like. I am usually very indecisive about things so I'm surprised this was different however our family (aka my MIL) will not know until the name is on the birth certificate. She says very mean and hurtful things when it's not what she chooses and although I love her very much these are things I avoid with her. She told her daughter she hated her granddaughters name as they were in the hospital in front of the rest of the family. My sister in law is very passive but sorry people ain't happening here. If DH didn't put her in her place I would. She named 3 of her own children, everyone is entitled to have their time. It's funny though because DH wants a junior and I do too but a part of me is resistant because I don't want to give me MIL her way.

• Yes. As a pp said, it's fun to talk about. Serious question, though: Why do you say you would prefer a boy?
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Boys name is decided. Girls we are down to 7 or so. We will get there.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• My husband is the third and we are pretty sure his family will want the name to be passed down if we have a son but that's debatable.. As far as girls, it's all up in the air. We have 4-5 names we like
  • We have names that we both like but that is always subject to change!
  • Warning: Children mentioned.

My FI has 3 children already. We want to have one together. We have 5 year old son, and 3 year old twin girls. We just want to even it out. But obviously we will be thrilled with and more than satisfied with the child God gifts us, no matter the gender.
  • We have had names for awhile, but I've gotten so used to them, they've become less novel and I may want to go back to the drawing board. DH, however, is pretty set on them.

• Nope - we'll briefly talk about names from time to time, but won't decide on one prior to a baby being born.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• We have both our girl and boy names picked out. Have since we got married
  • We had a boy and a girl name picked out, but I keep adding more names to the list.  it's fun to dream.  We probably won't settle on one until we get pregnant and know for sure what we are having.  I always think I am in love with a name, but after a few weeks or months, as pp mentions, the novelty seems to wear off and I move on to a new name.
  • We had names picked out and then by the time I got pregnant (with DS) we totally switched lol! So I'm trying not to bring up names until we need to now
    image image
  • DH and I pretty much have our names decided, but I'm sure once we see our future LO that might change. As of now our boys name is Corbin Alexander and girls name is Madeleine Noelle.
  • DH really wants to name a boy after his dad or grandpa. I'm not a huge fan of either name, but greatly prefer his dad's name so that will likely be the name we use for a boy. We have a few girl names picked out.
  • Have both picked out.
    TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Our names carry on a family tradition.
  • DH and I talk about names, but mostly in a joking way, like we try to pick ridiculous names to make the other person laugh. I lurk on the Baby Names board here a lot, and the more I read, the more undecided I become. I have a few boy names that I like (mostly family names) but for girls I am completely stumped. There are no girl names that I like.  :(
    Married 4.26.08
    TTC #1 April 2015
    BFP #1 11.15.15
    MMC/NMC 12.22.15
    BFP #2 6.13.16
    NMC 7.2.16

LFAF March Siggy: Nasty Women
    Kate McKinnon
    Image result for kate mckinnon quotes gifImage result for kate mckinnon quotes gif

Other LFAF Awards: Most likely shopping for LuLaRoe, Sweetest LFAFer, Kindest, Jokiest Jokester, Most likely to meow, Best smelling Bumpie, LFAFer I'd like to meet, Most Genuine

• We have a general list of names that we like, but nothing definitive.  We do, however, have a long list of names that we don't like.  ;-) 
  • We have had a girl name picked for a while. But a boy name- nope. We can not agree on one. It may come down to actually seeing the baby boy to decide his name. 

• We talk about the names all the time, a lot of times joking around. However, recently DH hit on a name we both really like for a boy, and I think that may be what we stick with, but I'm not planning on sharing it with anyone for a long time, maybe not even until the baby is here. We have so many cute options for a girl that honor our mothers, grandmothers and great grandmothers I don't know how we will ever choose. 
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• If it's a girl we have a name picked out that will honour both our mothers. If it's another boy I have no idea how we are going to handle my FIL this time. With DS he was suppose to be named after FIL, but he is a real womanising idiot, so I decided to name him after DH which was still a family name ( their family tradition is the mane is passed to every second generation). It will definitely get interesting if it's a boy. 
  • We have a boy's name pretty much agreed on.  We have a couple of names of the boy list that we agree on so we're good on that end.  Girl names on the other hand...not so much.  DH says I like "old lady names".  There are a few names we agree on but none that I really love :\ 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • We talk about names sometimes. If it's a boy DH want's him to be DH Junior which I am flat out against as I could see kids calling him "BJ" and I wouldn't want him to have to deal with the teasing. I am really big on giving our child a strong name with lots of meaning as opposed to a trendy, current name. This is where DH and I have the most trouble. All the names I like DH hates and finds them weird/strange. Good thing we will have many months to hash it out!
  • Girl's name is down to 2 possibles, middle name is a definite.

Boy's name was picked out 10 years ago but now it's ridiculously popular so we are unsure now. (Jaden)
    I like Jonah but not sure if DH is on board with that. We will see.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• We have a boy name chosen and a middle name for a girl. I prefer keeping the names a secret, but my husband can't seem to keep his mouth shut about anything baby related.

#meangirls #dfdubclub

imageimage

• We had our first picked out for years before we even were TTC. Then I was very pregnant and I felt stuck with the name. I also felt guilty because I didn't pick the name for that child. It was like 'insert fetus here', and no taking in consideration for this special child.

For our second, I waited until I knew the sex then picked a name. We tried a few, but one just felt right. It felt better.

We waited until we found out the sex.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• DH isn't really game in picking until there's one to name. All sly like,  I keep a list on my phone anytime we agree on one or he hears one he likes and I happen to like too. Haha. 
  • I'll probably choose one of my great or great-great grandmothers' names for a girl, so that it's old fashioned. I haven't picked any boy names yet but it would probably be a J name since both H and DS are J's. I feel like once we've conceived we'll make a list of our favorite ones and then once born we will decide which one fits. 
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • He could always be "So and So the II'nd" instead of a "Junior"! 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• We have a pretty good idea of a girl's name; Kathryn is a family name on both sides.  It's one with a LOT of nickname options and I like the idea that she will be able to decide if she's a Kate, or a Katie, or a Kat, or a Kitty, Kathy at different stages of her life.

We have no idea about a boys name.  H wants a JR but I'm against it, and we haven't come across any boys names we both love.  We also haven't been pregnant yet, let alone with a boy, so we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Funny anecdote to go along with this: My mom had decided to name my brother "Robert" when she found out it was a boy.  After he was born she took one look at him and changed her mind, she said he simply didn't look like a Robert, and put off naming him a few hours until she "got to know him". 

So even if we come up with a few names we like I realize we may not really decide until the baby is born.

• I think about names constantly, unfortunately my opinion on names changes week to week.  Though I think picking girl names is way harder than choosing boy names.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers