April 2016 Moms
Options

OMG twins!!

Well.... My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for a Looong time. And soon after I found out I was pregnant, we found out it was twins! Of course we were supper excited to be pregnant.... But with twins!? What!? I have to be honest, we are both shocked, scared, nervous.... Anyone else experience this and feel the same? I feel guilty not being over excited for twins. But we weren't expecting this! I know the initial shock will wear off (right!!!?) eek!

Re: OMG twins!!

• Options
    Congrats! Double blessing! I think there is a multiples thread floating around here on the board. Only a few ladies here know for sure that they're carrying multiples, since quite a few people haven't had their first u/s yet. Welcome to the group!
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Options
    A friend of mine which shares my due date also is having twins. I know she's excited but right now the excitement is overwhelmed by nerves and fear, totally normal. I likely am having a singleton but who knows, haven't had an u/u/s yet or heard the heartbeat (9 weeks this week, boo!)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I keep getting a gut feeling that I've got twins in there. My little brothers are twins and we have twins in other branches as well. I have an ultrasound on Thursday, so we'll see!
  • Options
    Congrats! I'm sure the shock will wear off... But it's easy for me to say that. I haven't had an ultrasound yet and the idea terrifies me too. But it's a huge possibility. My husband and I both have twin siblings (we both have a set of siblings who are), and they're all over both sides of my family and his family. You know how they say it skips a generation? Nope! My mom had them, her mom had them, her grandma had them. My dad AND his brother both had them... I could go on... It really freaks me out. Lol
  • Options
    One of my good friends got the twins surprise at her 20 wk (planned to be only) u/s. Her reaction was much the same - panic but later excitement. It will be hard, but you can do it! Not to mention all the twin stuff is so stinkin adorable!!
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My SIL had fraternal twins. They weren't even sure if they wanted kids, so you can imagine the shock and panic at the 8 week ultrasound when they saw two! Within weeks, you could see how they got less panicky and just so excited about them. They're 8 years old now (boy and girl) and awesome kids.
    Married 9/17/11 BFP 10/5/13 DS Oliver Stephen born 6/11/14 via C-section 8 lbs 9 oz BFP 8/14/15
  • Options
    We went for our first scheduled ultrasound and to our surprise found out its twins! We were in shock, as this makes #'s 4 and 5 for us! We feel like it's going to be crazy but we feel blessed!
  • Options
    I just found out we're having triplets. I was in complete panic at first, but I'm starting to relax and know that my DH and I will be able to handle it. We cant feel guilty, I think the panic is normal.
  • Options
    I'm a twin, and let me tell you -- it's amazing! 

They'll get to go through stages at similar times, and there is no better feeling than knowing your twin has your back. My mom connected with a lot of other moms of multiples and made dear friends. It's a pretty cool "club" to be a part of. I think the panic is normal, but you'll do great! 

FWIW, my daughters (via adoption) are 15 months apart...and our (surprise) baby will be born when our youngest is just over a year old. We'll have three kids under the age of three -- WELCOME TO THE ZOO of parenthood! ;)