DH throws a few more options out there... Opinions, please! — The Bump
Baby Names

DH throws a few more options out there... Opinions, please!

Okay. So I posted on here several weeks ago about how DH shoots down most names I suggest. I finally told him to do his own search and come back with at least three names we could add to our short list.  After looking around for a while, he came up with:

Lucina (is that even a name?)
Amara
Heidi 

My initial reaction was, "No, no, no, absolutely not." But now I'm thinking that I could warm up to Amara. I mean, maybe not. But I like "Mari" as nn.  But maybe not...

Thoughts on any of these three?

Re: DH throws a few more options out there... Opinions, please!

• jeanbug12jeanbug12
    500 Love Its Third Anniversary 100 Comments First Answer
    edited August 2015
    I like Heidi the best of those 3, but I am not crazy about any of them. I think Lucina is the Roman goddess of childbirth.

What about Lucia or Lucy?
    Litterateur
  • Yeah...my grandma's name is Lucille so that's the only possible reason I could get behind Lucina. But I'd rather just use Lucille in that case...
  • Loading the player...
  • Greco1014 said:

Yeah...my grandma's name is Lucille so that's the only possible reason I could get behind Lucina. But I'd rather just use Lucille in that case...

Can you get him on board with Lucille? I like that name way more than Lucina!
    Greco1014Litterateur
  • I agree, Lucille or Lucila as a compromise. Love that it's a family name too. I also like Heidi, not a huge fan of Amara, but it's not terrible.

• Here in florida I know quite a few Women called Lucila/Lucilla (all Hispanic) and one Lucianna (Italian) I think they are both pretty, but I'm from neither heritage and would feel strange naming my child something that I have no cultural connection to.

• I like Amara best out of those. I know someone named Samara which is pretty.
    Feb '16 October Siggy Challenge: Favorite Candy

• My grandmother is Italian. She was almost Lucia but her mom decided on "Lucille" instead because it sounded more American, which is what they were going for. My grandmother said she would have loved to be "Lucia" though...

Anyway, the Lucille/Lucia thing is something to think about. 
  • 4N6s4N6s
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    Mara, Maureen, Amaya and Maren are close to Amara
  • I like Lucina, and the suggested compromise names.

Heidi is nice too.
    LFAF October Signature Challange
  • Luciana
    or lucia 

bbiutmcph