November 2015 Moms
Options

First pregnancy jitters

I'm a first time mom to be and I've been feeling quite uneasy about having nothing for the nursery yet. I'm 29 weeks. My hubby just painted the room today. I have one outfit for our baby, an organizational piece for the closet and a chair that unfortunately doesn't rock. Some folks got us a couple toys but so far that's it. My family is not near by and my baby shower hosted by my mother in law is next weekend (only 10 things have been purchased) and other shower hosted by my mom is only in mid-October. I'm beginning to panic now that things are really cutting it close. Should I follow my instincts and buy baby clothes and a dressing table/ topper?

Re: First pregnancy jitters

• Options
  • Options
    You can check return policies at the stores and buy items and keep the receipt just in case you receive them and can return them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I say you buy anything that you don't anticipate getting as gifts. And if you want to buy clothes too, just leave the tags on. :)
  • Options
    We bought all of our big stuff, as well as a few clothes, bottles, and burp clothes. We kept the tags so if we have to much after the shower we will just return stuff.
    I wouldn't worry about only 10 things being purchased, many people are not going to buy things until a day or 2 beforehand,they may purchase at a different store, forgery to have it taken off the registry, and many people don't shop of a registry.
  • Options
    Thank you all for your support and advice! I wouldn't have even thought about checking out the return policies when buying gifts for baby
  • Options
    I wouldnt worry about it till after the shower but if youre like me and get really anxious and stressed when you feel unprepared like pps said buy some items that you could return just to ease your mind.
  • Options
    My shower is next weekend and i would be going crazy if i had to wait longer
  • Options
    Don't stress :) I am a FTM at 27 weeks and haven't purchased anything but a few cute outfits! We have been renovating our house so i didnt want to buy the big ticket items as they were just going to have to be moved around and sit in a box.

I rekon ill just need 2-3 days of solid shopping!

Goodluck and enjoy your baby showers!