November 2015 Moms
Options

Sciatica!!!! Help!!!

Hii im 29w.. its been a week since this intenseeeee pain arrived it starts in top of butt (left side) and I cant even step on my leg cause I feel my whole body shacking in pain... Any natural remmedies?? What do you feel with your sciatica??

Re: Sciatica!!!! Help!!!

• Options
    Use the search function. There was a post about this just this week. Lots of good suggestions.
  • Options
    Search the topic. Lots of posts about it and good feedback.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree, there's a lot of posts on this. But to add, Epsom salt baths really help. I take one almost every night for about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    I posted this in the other thread but stretching and use Pinterest or Google to find some.
  • Options
    Look into acupressure pillows...they arent as well know but they work wonders. I got mine on amazon for like 40
  • Options
    I have the same pain!!! I am currently rendered helpless as of today and bed ridden. It is excruciating pain I cannot quite convey in words.

I bought a pregnancy pillow last week to elevate my left leg. Bought an ice pack, icy hot patches (barely touched it) — had a belly check two days ago before the pain worsened and my OB's nurse suggested seeing a physiotherapist and buying a belly belt - those are next on my list.

Hang in there! You are not alone. Thank you for posting this. —RW
  • Options
    Go to the chriopractor!!! I have had horrible sciatica pain this pregnancy and it has helped a ton! Call your OB and confirm you're allowed to go and ask for a referral to who they think you should use. It was covered by my insurance.
  • Options
    InkaCatharusInkaCatharus member
    edited September 2015
    (1) see a chiropractor. (2) schedule a prenatal message to target the periformes muscle. (3) buy a few tennis balls. Stand facing away from a wall and place the tennis ball between your buttocks and the wall... gentle circular movements. (4) find a way to relax... maybe even a prenatal yoga class to help open up the sacral region.