August 2015 Moms

Exercising

Just curious if anyone has "broken the rules" and started exercising early? I miss running terribly. I'm 2 weeks PP and I'm feeling pretty good. I had a 2nd degree tear, but it feels good. Thinking of starting to slowly get back into running.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Exercising

• I thought about it and then started aching near my stitches. I would hate to do more damage to the tear. My bleeding increases the more physical activity I do. I think I'm going to wait a bit longer
  • Loading the player...
  • I went on a 15ish minute walk in my neighborhood at exactly 1week and whatever progress I had made in the healing department was definitely set back and my swelling got worse. I've taken it easy since then and am now 4 weeks pp and went for that same walk yesterday and felt fine. I'm encouraged to start walking again and slowly up my game... But I encourage everyone to take things slow and listen to your bodies.
  • I'm making myself wait till my pp appointment. I feel awesome, had no tears/stitches, and am really itching to get back to yoga and running but as a FTM, I don't know my limits so I'm not about to push it!
  • I've been walking and my stitch site gets sore just from that. I'll be waiting a while longer. I'm 2.5 weeks pp now.
  • edited August 2015
    My recovery has been pretty amazing. I'm
    barely bleeding at this point. This isn't my first rodeo so if I begin to feel bad I will slow it down a bit. So far, I feel great after a good walk. I've started walking and will begin my "moms run this town" group on Monday (won't start running just yet but brisk walking).

I'm 1 week 1day PP.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm 15 days pp and in the same boat as previous posters. I've been walking a little but if I over do it (close to 1 mile) my incision starts to burn.
  • I've started Jamie Eason's post natal pre-workout. Mostly just core work and walking. I have told myself to wait 4 weeks this time before I do anything else as I don't want to bleed for 4.5 months like last baby. I'll start 30 day shred and elyptical and the back to the gym at 2 months. I'm itching to sweat and not the gross pp night kind of sweats :)

Im doing Jamie Easons program too!!! I ended up with diastasis recti so im doing some exercise to bring abs back together too.
  • I'm 3 weeks PP from a csection and have started walking on the treadclimber and feel great!
  • breezymeema7breezymeema7 member
    edited August 2015
    @SashaDenn25 Let me know when you start the full program. We should do it together.
  • I'm briskly walking 3 miles a day.....and have been since 3 days postpartum.  I do think it slowed my healing down slightly though as I bled quite a bit more after my walks.  

I'm 20 pounds below pre-preg weight now...so I am going to focus on rebuilding my core when my core no longer hurts from walking briskly.  Hoping to have my bikini body in time for the Minnesota winter......or maybe just next summer! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 3 wks pp and have been taking walks since 5 days PP with a csection. Each walk makes me feel better.
  • I'm waiting for my 2 week appointment to try and see if I should start pushing to walk more or do the eliptical. I'm only 5 days PP and had a c section, but I feel great. I don't want to push it and mess up my incision though.

Also I would like to add.... wtf happened to my body :( I knew there would be some weight to lose but I wasn't aware of the c section "shelf". This shit looks so awful lol.
  • I'm waiting for my 2 week appointment to try and see if I should start pushing to walk more or do the eliptical. I'm only 5 days PP and had a c section, but I feel great. I don't want to push it and mess up my incision though.

Also I would like to add.... wtf happened to my body :( I knew there would be some weight to lose but I wasn't aware of the c section "shelf". This shit looks so awful lol.

The shelf is making me crazy. Mine went away after my first 2 csections so I am hopeful it will again but dang it I am impatient.

I want to start walking but I am trying to wait until 2-3wks post csection. I get about 8K steps a day just taking care of my kids and house. I am waiting until 6wks to start p90x.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • @breezymeema7 when are you going to try to start the full program?? Im healing my poor abs right now and want to start the actual 12 week post pregnancy program soon, but im nervous about my stitches with some of the moves. I do body weight squats now and can feel them sometimes so im trying to take it a little easier than I was. I just started working out this week though at week 2 home. I did 2 walks last week with DH, but now actual circuit. Ive done 3 core circuits this week and a couple walks and feeling good. Trying to just take it day by day for now.

Sweet jeez I'm so glad you said this. I thought I was the only one with the shelf!' I can't stand it. Hoping it disappears soon!
  • I can't stand it either! I felt with my vaginal birth my stomach went back to flat and normal right away. Now with this c section I literally feel like I have a two part stomsch. The feeling is driving me mad and I fear I'll never be able to get the lower part of my stomach flat and toned again. Sounds very vein I know but I can't get it out of my head. I was talking to my sister that had a c and she said it took her 2 years to get used to it and feel normal. :((

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker