Trying to Get Pregnant

Does temp have to be at same time?

I hope this isn't a question that gets asked all the time - I looked back through archives and didn't find anything specifically referencing it, but it does seem like the consensus is to temp at the same time every morning. 

So does temping have to be at the same time? I get up for work at 5:15 and would prefer not to get up that early on the weekends. Also, does it have to be in the morning or could it be at, say, noon everyday? I finally bought a basal thermometer after trying to get pregnant without one for 5 months. I'm excited to start using it, and I don't want to use it wrong!

Thanks in advance
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Does temp have to be at same time?

• Yes. Same time.
    Weekends: go back to sleep after.
    Have to be concise on mobile. Sorry

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would read Taking Charge of Your Fertility...it's really going to help close the gaps on temping questions. Even just searching temping in general. I know this is something that has even come up a couple times in the past 2 weeks with temping for night shift workers etc. good luck
  • I set my alarm for the same time every day. It's actually earlier than I even need to get up for work, but I do it bc I have such a crappy sleep cycle and so far it's the only time I've been able to be consistent with. I just go back to sleep until I really need to get up.
  • Sounds like you need to read up on temping. Have you done the tutorials on fertility friend.com? Yes, it does have to at the same time.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Thanks everyone! I've done 6 of the tutorials on fertility friend. I have to find time to do the rest. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• I have a daily alarm set for 3:30. I turn it off, temp, then log it into FF while I get up and pee. Then I go back to sleep. I've always woken up at night to pee so figured might as well set an alarm and do it then.
    image image
  • I set mine for 5am every morning. I don't have to get up for work till 6. But waking up at five works best for me. And just like everyone else I wake, somewhat, insert in vagina, record, and fall back asleep. It also helps if you dim your phones brightness as well. Good luck!
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• It sucks but if you have a Mabis, you literally just have to set your thermometer on the edge of your nightstand, put it in your mouth, wait for the beep and put it back down. It saves the last temp so you don't have to even look at it. Waking up early on the weekends suck, but it's worth it if I get a BFP.
  • Also, I follow the awesome tip I learned here. Since I use my cell phone as an alarm, I attach my thermometer to it with a hairband so, when I'm half asleep and pick up my phone to turn off the alarm, I'm less likely to forget to temp.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Also, I follow the awesome tip I learned here. Since I use my cell phone as an alarm, I attach my thermometer to it with a hairband so, when I'm half asleep and pick up my phone to turn off the alarm, I'm less likely to forget to temp.

I need to do this. Sometimes I end up knocking my thermometer on the ground while trying to turn my alarm off...
  • dsmith211 said:

Also, I follow the awesome tip I learned here. Since I use my cell phone as an alarm, I attach my thermometer to it with a hairband so, when I'm half asleep and pick up my phone to turn off the alarm, I'm less likely to forget to temp.

I need to do this. Sometimes I end up knocking my thermometer on the ground while trying to turn my alarm off...
    I've done this a few too many times!

Me (31) & DH (35) #DFDubClub
    TTC since August 2013 - Break: Jan-June 2014
    Everything looks good on me so far.  Going in for U/S in Oct just to be absolutely sure everything is good.
    SA for DH pending.