January 2016 Moms

Ugh people annoy me with the crap they say!!

im so tired of people telling me I'm BIG/HUGE or look like I'm going to be put on bed rest soon.....I look like I'm going to have a 10lb baby. Wtf is wrong with people?! I swear the next person that tells me that I'm going to bite their head off! It makes me feel so bad I don't even want to post pictures on fb anymore. The sad part is my family and close friends are the ones that constantly say it. I have only gained 7.5lbs and I'm 21 weeks. but they make me feel like I'm a hippo! I wasn't a small girl before I got pregnant. My son measures a week and a few days bigger at every appt but it's in length and his shoulders. OKAY END OF RANT.

Re: Ugh people annoy me with the crap they say!!

• I'm sorry hun... :( get snappy back. Hell being pregnant it's self is emotional and a time when you feel self conscious it doesn't help when others add to it... I think your bump it cute :)
  • You look great.  It's too bad people don't think before they write or say things. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I totally understand. I'm 17 weeks and I regularly get people commenting on how huge I am now. I've only gained 5.5 lbs so far. I was super small to begin with, so maybe they figure I don't mind the comments about my weight? Grr!
  • I love your bump and think you look pregnant (not fat or like you're going to have a 10 lb baby). Don't let it get you down! Just remember that the only person qualified to say if you're gaining too fast is your doctor! Sounds like your son is just ahead of the class in length! :)
  • I'm right there with you then I tell them welp nothing for me to do i haven't even gained a lot of weight normal only 13lbs and I'm halfway there so my midwifes and nurses aren't worried at all specially with me hitting my halfway mark. The one that gets me is when people say I look miserable after a day of work then goes to talk about weight I want to slap them literally. Like you try losing weight when your supposed to be gaining it's hard.
  • You look beautiful. Pregnancy is a time to celebrate your body and enjoy the gift it brings. Ugggh, people can be so rude! I would tell them to knock it off.
  • I think you look exceptionally happy and glowing! Everybody always has something to say. And usually it's annoying!

Two years, two losses and three IUIs...

We are having TRIPLETS!

EDD 1/26/16

GGB born November 2015!

• It's worse the other way around too. I'm jus like you 22wks gained 7lbs. In fact I have the same body type. And guess what four people couldn't believe I was six months, they did not even know I was pregnant. What?! then I'm just fat? Really! Why can't people just say you look nice and leave it at that!
  • I'm sorry, that's super annoying.  People just carry differently, and I think it's obvious that you look pregnant but not to the point that I'm like OMG GET THIS GIRL A STRETCHER.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Just tell them its none of their business and forget being polite about it. They were the rude ones!
  • People really suck sometimes...this is why I love my dog more than most all people lol. I have ppl say all in the same day " oh u look great" "you barely look pregnant" & then "oh u look so big"
  • You look great!:) Def like a beautiful preg woman, not big. I either hear that I look big for only being half way.. Or a family friend was saying I didn't look preg enough for being half way (her daughter is about as far along as me) and that she was way bigger. Ugh ppl and their opinions! It annoys me, but I try not to harp on it.
  • Tell me I look adorable or keep your mouth shut!!

End of story lol

I need this on a t-shirt. I'm not joking.
    THIS. YESSSSSSS!
  • You look beautiful! Tell those people to f*&@ off. lol. People are so insensitive about pregnancy comments. I think it gets worse once the baby is here, so work on your comebacks. :) I hope you can shake it off and not take it to heart.  :)>-
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • ChrissyD1203ChrissyD1203 member
    edited September 2015
    I think you look great too! I got a new maternity dress, tried it on - my husband said "wow". I thought at first it was a compliment but he followed it by "should I get the birthing bath out because you look ready to pop". I'm only 23 weeks and this is my first pregnancy. I just gave him a blank stare and went back to what I was doing.
  • You look great! I'm having a similar issue. My aunt told me since I'm already so big I'm going to be absurdly huuuuge by Christmas. I wanted to tell her to shut up, but I bit my tongue instead. Annoying!!
  • You look great!
    I got the, " you must be having twins" when I was pregnant with my daughter. and this time with my son I am bigger ( everywhere ) so a am waiting for to oh so kind remarks.