August 2015 Moms

What feature of LO's surprised you the most?

The board's been a little bit slow so I was thinking about how I imagined LO versus what she looks like. I assumed she'd look like her brothers but she has long slender fingers and nails and a very different face too! What about you? Anything surprise you feature wise about your outside baby?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What feature of LO's surprised you the most?

• He had a full head of hair at birth, which I had assumed he would because DH and I both have a ton of hair. He does have my DH smile which is a surprise
  • Loading the player...
  • DS looks just like DH! He has very full lips and dimples just like him. I never pictured the full set of hair either. He is better than I had imagined.
  • @megvaddi I was gonna say, Daya has the most gorgeous tan skin tone! I'm so jealous.
  • She has beautiful skin.
  • I was not expecting him to have brown hair! DH was a red head at birth (now dirty blonde) and I was peach-fuzz blonde. The dark hair totally threw me for a loop.
  • I thought she was going to look like her daddy and not like me at all but she looks almost exactly like me as a baby.
  • I was sure Zelda would come out looking exactly like Hazel, mostly because all of my friends who have second babies, their second always is a clone of the first, at least for awhile. But Z is different in every way. I'm excited to see who she grows up to look like, cuz right now we can't tell.
  • I was hoping the whole pregnancy to have a little guy that would be the spittin image of his daddy with lighter hair and eyes, but I had this feeling that he'd look more like me since I have the dominant darker features. He looks exactly like I'd hoped >:D<
  • He is really blonde and fair. I expected him to be darker since both DH and I have dark brown hair.
  • I was surprised by the blonde hair and blue eyes. The only person in my family that ha blonde hair and blue eyes is my grandmother and my aunt. The rest of us have dark features.
  • These hands! The nurse held him up to me for a few seconds when he was born and I remember thinking "his fingers are soooo long and he needs oxygen." He was very blue so they took him for oxygen and I didn't see him again for several hours.
  • DS looks just like me! I totally thought he would look like his daddy.
  • Well, I didn't expect him to be only 6lbs 11oz. I was huge (I know it means nothing but still..) Pretty sure I gained 50lbs. But I am surprised that I see DHs grandfather every time I look at DS! He looks like such a cranky old man! DH is shocked that he doesn't have any birth marks.
  • She has dimples and giant cheeks. No one in our families has dimples and my first 2 babies didn't have giant chubby cheeks.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • My husband is half Portuguese and I have German Irish and indian. He is very dark with dark hair and our DS1 looks just like him with my blue eyes and not quite as dark. But this little guy defenatley got all me. I love it :) I have lighter brown/blonde hair and this guy has red in his hair and blonde and brown. Really hoping the strawberry blonde sticks! :) DH says he looks just like me and I love it! But at the same time he looks just like big brother. I'm just a very proud momma!
  • I was shocked at his size. Almost 10 lbs! They had guessed 7.5 to 8. I wasn't surprised that he looks just like my husband. :)
  • bpwife&mamabpwife&mama member
    edited August 2015
    He looks identical to DS1. Knew they would look alike but you can't tell their baby pictures apart!

• I was surprised that she had dark hair. Every baby on my side had blonde hair when they were little, I guess she takes after her daddy in that aspect. Also I was expecting a big baby because both me and my husband were, but since I had her a month early she was tiny at 5 lbs 3 oz. I always wonder how big she would've been if she were full term.
  • Ds is so skinny and long like me, DD was chunky. I feel like a Ftm all over again when handling him. I brought all 0-3 and higher clothes "knowing" that buying newborn would be a waste.

• I've been surprised how much he looks like DH. He's a little mini DH! He doesn't look like me AT ALL, except that he has my blue/gray eyes (for now). DH's grandma started going on and on the other day about how he has DH's mom's eyes, and I was like "that's the only thing he has from me, don't take that away!"
  • My SO and are both blonde and this little girl came out with a full head of dark hair. I was completely taken aback because blonde hair was something we were sure she would have.
  • We are amazed at how long and lean DS is....and his feet are so huge! We think we might have a basketball player on our hands lol. I love that he has blue eyes and hope he keeps them...just like my Dad....his Papa....DH and I have brown/hazel eyes :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The blue eyes. They are so pretty, I hope they stay blue! But mine are green and my SO's are brown. Otherwise, he is the most perfect combination of the both of us.
  • DD has a head full of brown hair! Both DS1and DS2 had very little bright blonde hair!