Baby Names
Options

TTC #2 Name ideas

DH and I are TTC#2. I love talking names but H gets sick of it so I need to find another venue for my obsession! Hoping to get some ideas for hopefully soon-to-be LO2

DD is Norah Lynn. 

We do family middle names. LO2's middle name will be Joan or David. We have other options but these are the most meaningful.

H's names that I dislike:
Girl: Jordan (I'm willing to compromise on a feminine name with possible masculine NN i.e. Danielle nn Dani, but no masculine given name)
Boy: Curtis

My names that he dislikes:
Girl: Margaret (Maggie); Vivienne; Penelope, Phillipa
Boy: Theo, Rowan

Names we both like:
Girl: Susanna, Isla, Charlotte (might be too popular for us), Daniella, Josephine
Boy: James, Julian (our top two) William, Harrison, Logan. We both like Miles but he will only spell it Myles and that's a deal breaker for me

Any other suggestions? For the most part we like traditional names. I would prefer less popular names but a name being popular isn't a deal breaker for us if we really love it.

Re: TTC #2 Name ideas

• Options
    I really like the names in the 3rd category best. Susanna especially... love it paired with Joan too. James, Julian, and Miles are my favorite of the boy's names.

Perhaps; Evan or John? Both pair wonderfully with David. Maybe, Cassandra or Amelia to pair with Joan.

Malcolm
    Aaron
    Owen
    Silas
    Leo

Samantha
    Cecilia
    Elaina/ Elena
    Daphne
    Abigail

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Of the names that you both like I love Daniella for a girl, so pretty. For boys I like James and Logan, however for Logan I know more girls with that name as well so I can't use it for my own son. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of any of the names in the first 2 categories but of your 3rd category, I adore Josephine.  However, paired with Joan it may not flow as well.  After that, Isla and Charlotte are my favorites.

For the boys, I like William and Harrison.
  • Options
    Loveeee Isla Joan and Logan David!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    I really like Susanna and Daniella (but I also really like names for girls that end in A). And I love Julian from your boys list. The rest of the boys names I think are becoming insanely popular now, at least where I live.
  • Options
    I love Josephine, but Josephine Joan doesn't work. Susanna is great too and flows nicely with Joan. Julian is your best boys name by a mile (minus Miles, but I cannot let you bastardize that great name with a Y - good for you for standing your ground). I think Julian David sounds fantastic.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Options
    Julian may be my all-time favorite name ever. Do your potential future son a favor and give him that name :)

imageimage
  • Options
    I do love Julian. I love James too, probably equally, but what gives Julian an edge for me is that I only know one Julian who is around my age (very distant aquaintance), whereas I know quite a few men and boys named James, of all ages. Although we vaguely talk boy's names, Julian and James were our boy choices for #1 (team green) and I'm 99% sure they'll be the two we go into the delivery room with this time as well

As for Josephine - I feel the same way. Love it but I know it doesn't work well with Joan. We do have alternative middle name options, but I would really like to honour my sister. Some other possibilities are Margaret, Margot, Aurora (love this name but I find it difficult to say), or to still honour my sister we could use Amy, although I'm not sure how well that name works for a middle name.

Totally agree about Miles with a Y. Deal breaker. But H feels the same way about it spelled with an I (correctly) so we're at an impasse.
  • Options
    brita722 said:
    I really like the names in the 3rd category best. Susanna especially... love it paired with Joan too. James, Julian, and Miles are my favorite of the boy's names.

Perhaps; Evan or John? Both pair wonderfully with David. Maybe, Cassandra or Amelia to pair with Joan.

Malcolm
    Aaron
    Owen
    Silas
    Leo

Samantha
    Cecilia
    Elaina/ Elena
    Daphne
    Abigail

I've always loved Samantha and Leo. My only issue is I don't like the nickname Sam, and I don't like the full names for Leo. Can Leo be a stand alone name? I don't like using nicknames for full names. I like Malcolm too - I've never thought of that one!

I do like Malcolm and Evan but H vetoed. He's a tough crowd
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    josephine and Julian