September 2015 Moms
Options

Weekly Twin Check-In 8/27

edited August 2015 in September 2015 Moms

Hi everyone! @saybaby97 hope your induction today went well. And hope everyone else is doing ok. Maybe we can try to do a monthly check-in for after the babies are here because it would be great to stay in touch with each other.  

Week/Fruits: 36w2d, honeydew melon

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc.): Di/di fraternal boys

Symptoms: Nothing new except more fatigue. Otherwise, sore, swollen and large. Hard to turn over in bed!

Appointment AW: Boys looking good at the appointment. They are so squished in there, I hardly feel them move anymore. So it is nice to have confirmation on the ultrasound that they are still active and squirming around. Unfortunately, they are still breech so I think the C-section next Thursday is inevitable. But, I am happy to know it is not standard operating procedure at my hospital to tie both of my arms down. What I do find interesting is that the OB thinks that baby B is likely to come out first. I guess I had always thought of baby A being born first.

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Nothing really. I think my complaints are the complaints we all have right now.

GTKY What activities are you still able to do that surprise you?: I am pretty surprised that I can still shave my legs at this point. It is obviously exhausting to do it but I figured I would need my husband to help me by the end.

Missed M/C natural cycle 10/2013

DX PCOS 3/2014

2 cycles Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Folistim + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

Beta 1 - 15 dpiui, 324, Beta 2 - 17 dpiui 750. Twins!!

My Blog: pcosandpizza.blogspot.com

Re: Weekly Twin Check-In 8/27

• Options
    I love the idea of continuing the check in after we all have outside babies! I'm sure we will all benefit from tips and tricks for caring for twins- my girls are 6.5 weeks now, 38.5 weeks gestational age and let me tell you I have never been so exhausted but in a good way!
    We had their newborn photo shoot today and I can't wait to see the pictures. Twins are so fun!
  • Options
    Fruits: honey dew 36 weeks exactly

Twin type: di/di boy and girl

Symptoms: currently lower back sciatic pain and cramping. Can't tell if it's something I should call about or just the fact that I have been more active today than I have been lately.

Went ahead and scheduled a c section on September 10 which is 38 weeks exactly, but I am hoping to meet these two before then. I was also hoping for a vaginal delivery but baby b has been breech for three weeks now and has had quite the growth spurt compared to baby a, which my doctors office would prefer to do a c section for.

I would love to keep in contact with the rest of you after we all give birth. Can we set up a separate page or group?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@kcwalza146 wow I can't believe how quickly time flies and that your babies are already over 6 weeks old! I'm sure I will have lots of questions for you soon, because I already am thinking about how does eating/sleeping work? Is it true that you should wake up the other twin when one is awake? Glad to hear how rewarding it is!

@smholroyd did the cramping subside after drinking more and resting? I do find that I occasionally get "menstrual" cramps, but only at night, so I think for me it is related to exhaustion. Hopefully for you it is the same so your babies can cook a bit longer.

Not sure how it works to set up a separate page or group, or if we want to just have the check-in on this page still. It doesn't matter to me.

Missed M/C natural cycle 10/2013

DX PCOS 3/2014

2 cycles Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + TI - no response stair-stepped to Clomid 75 mg + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Clomid 50 mg + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + TI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Folistim + Ovidrel + IUI

1 cycle Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim  - no response, repeated Letrozole 7.5 mg + 150 mg Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI = success! 12/2014

Beta 1 - 15 dpiui, 324, Beta 2 - 17 dpiui 750. Twins!!

My Blog: pcosandpizza.blogspot.com

• Options
    Week/Fruits: 38 weeks 1 day. Pumpkins

Twin Type (Identical/Fraternal/etc.): Di/di girls

Symptoms: Same symptoms different week

Appointment AW: Being induced on Monday

Questions/Comments/Complaints/Concerns: Anyone having a breech extraction for baby b? B is currently transverse.

GTKY What activities are you still able to do that surprise you?: I worked all the way through (Friday was my last day before maternity leave).

• Options
    Hi all! Just wanted to check in. I delivered my girls last Sunday (can't believe it's been a week already) at 35weeks 3 days. The girls went straight to the NICU and we were told most likely they'd be there for 4 weeks until around my due date or 40 weeks. But I am happy to say we are currently on our way home with 1 of the girls!!! We are so thrilled and her sister should be home in a few days! Can't wait