May 2015 Moms

Breastfeeding positions

Now that out LOs are getting bigger and heavier what positions do you breastfeed so it's comfortable for LO and mom? I've been trying to feed LO in a seated position but he will latch and unlatch the whole feeding time.

Re: Breastfeeding positions

• Cradle hold is most comfortable for me. I did cradle hold with DD until I weaned her at a year. Sometimes side lying at night if I'm super tired.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    mars8k
  • Cradle hold during the day, side lying at night or if I'm trying to settle him down and cradle hold is making him fuss. His legs kind of dangle around now with cradle hold though and he barely fits in the glider chair that way, lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE side lying. My baby is so long and fat it's hard to hold him and nurse. He nurses so well when I lay on my side and he's on his and I prop a pillow up behind his back and mine and so we have close contact and totally comfy!
    CordeliaD87lola2beeKarakulja
  • Side lying is the best! But we don't do it often, we usually do cradle with the breast friend pillow or a pillow from the couch under her head
  • I love side lying too! My baby is huge - 20lbs at 3mo. Sometimes he won't take to it during the day - he's so done with being on his back - so I stand up with him and get him latched. Then I lay down on my back with him laying on top of me.
  • Cradle hold mostly but she's been waking up every 2 hours lately so i usually have to do side lying once every night cause i'm so exhausted but it freaks me out i'm always worried about falling asleep.

today We did side lying then she woke up for her next feeding and i freaked out i thought she was still next to me but she was back in her crib, i have no memory of putting her back!
  • I still do cradle but use my nursing pillow for him to lay on. DS has been randomly not wanting to lie on his right side the past 2 days so I've done a weird football hold and had him sit up. Both worked but were kind of awkward.
  • I still do cradle but use my nursing pillow for him to lay on. DS has been randomly not wanting to lie on his right side the past 2 days so I've done a weird football hold and had him sit up. Both worked but were kind of awkward.
    A regular bed pillow tucked under him might help for the football hold.  I use cross cradle mainly now, but I was encouraged to use the football hold to start since the girls are large and I was told it can be easier in that case.

A regular bed pillow tucked under him might help for the football hold.  I use cross cradle mainly now, but I was encouraged to use the football hold to start since the girls are large and I was told it can be easier in that case.

Thanks! I'll have to give that a try!