January 2016 Moms

Anyone else feel flutters and then nothing?

The last couple weeks I felt flutters like crazy and now at 19 or 20 weeks I'm not really feeling anything! My ultrasound isn't for another couple of weeks so I'm going to have anxiety about it until then...

Best Answer

Answers

• Oh yeah, I completely get this and I'm at 22 weeks. Some days light movement, some days nothing, and some days he is moving so much I'm very much in pain. Laying down on my back or side, or curling up on the couch will usually provoke some movement.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm 21 weeks today with an anterior placenta, but have been feeling flutters in and off since 17 weeks. This past weekend I could actually see movement for the first time and my DH got his first feel! But this whole week it's been back to occasional flutters, which is frustrating! I know everything is fine but it is hard to not worry, they just have so much space in there right now that they can easily get into positions where you can't feel movement. I know it's hard not to worry though, believe me!
  • I was just wondering this! Baby was very active the last week and now at 18 w 3 d the kicking seems to have slowed down a lot. If my bladder is REALLY full, I can feel kicks on it.
  • Same thing for me. Active, then not so active. I am looking forward to it being more consistent.
  • I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and haven't felt anything yet! I can't wait to feel flutters! What does it feel like to you guys?
  • It depends. On the really active days it feels like someone is playing a drum roll from the inside. With the RLP this can be painful honestly. Mild days its more like if you poke the inside of your cheek with your tongue, slippy and strange. Sometimes I swear the kid is stretching because I will feel that tongue poke feeling slide from one side of the bump to the other. Very strange, but very cool

• I felt something once two weeks ago and nothing since. I'll be 20 weeks in Monday and I have my AS Tuesday, I'll be relieved to see the baby and hear the heartbeat.