Baby Names

Girl Name Opinions

In 3rd tri but not close to narrowing down name with SO, so figured I'd get some opinions on my favorites.

Autumn Elaine

Aspen Elaine

Ivy Elaine

Piper Elaine

I'm pretty set on Elaine being middle (my mothers middle) but open to a variation such as Laine if that flows better.

Let me hear your thoughts.

Re: Girl Name Opinions

• None are my style, but I would vote Piper or Autumn, as Ivy and Aspen are more recent noun-to-names.

What about a fn Elaine/Elena?
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ivy is my favorite of the four names, but it doesn't have the best flow with Elaine. Ivy Laine sounds like a street name. Piper would be my other favorite choice. Aspen sounds pretentious and Autumn is just NMS at all.
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• Loading the player...
  • I love Elaine. 

I have to say I'm not a fan of Autumn or Aspen.  They're a little to "out there" for me.  I like Ivy, but Ivy Elaine doesn't flow as well as the others.  Piper Elaine flows well, but I feel like Piper is getting super trendy.  I'd avoid it.

Of the four choices, I'd have to go with Ivy Elaine.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Thanks you all. I'm starting to realize how crunchy I am haha
  • I'm one of the few people in the world that loves the name Autumn. I seriously considered using it for my last baby but everyone kept telling me that it was a stripper name so I took it off my short list. I still think it's a pretty name though. I love Summer and Winter too.

Anyway, Ivy is okay and I really dislike Aspen and Piper.
  • I love your middle name. I wish DH loved the variations of Elaine as much as I do! I think it goes well with Autumn and Piper, but would go with Laine or Laina if you choose Ivy or Aspen. Ivy is my favorite as it's pretty and unique. Piper is my least favorite as it's difficult to say and I associate it with Sarah Palin (lol). 
  • I love your middle name. I wish DH loved the variations of Elaine as much as I do! I think it goes well with Autumn and Piper, but would go with Laine or Laina if you choose Ivy or Aspen. Ivy is my favorite as it's pretty and unique. Piper is my least favorite as it's difficult to say and I associate it with Sarah Palin (lol). 

*removing Piper from my short list* haha! I totally forgot about that actually.

• I like Ivy best, but think it flows better with Laine. Also really like Piper Elaine.
  • I love Autumn and Ivy!
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Autumn and Ivy are my top picks out of the ones you listed but I think Elaine as a first name would be a better options - seeing as it's your mothers mn and not her fn I think it's a great option for your LO.

httpi62tinypiccomuarkwpng

httpdb88884558af2dd1308c-3341812d6775871652d58b599202ab3cr4cf1rackcdncomthebumpvanillaforumscomFileUploadb7817660919c960ebd43e30c9c837741jpg
  • Autumn and Ivy are both pretty. Not a fan of Piper or Aspen.
    imageimage

• My friend just named her daughter Madison Elaine (Elaine is her grandmothers name) nn Maddie Laine.
  • I like Autumn and Ivy best from your list. 

I do not care for Aspen and Piper is NMS.
  • I like Ivy best. Autumn and Piper are okay. Not a fan of Aspen.

• I think autumn Elaine has the best flow, but all four names are a bit awkward with Elaine...it's such a classic name and all your first name choices are so contemporary.
  • I always think of I.V. ( as in intravenous) when I hear the name Ivy. "I need an IV stat!"
    I think Autumn Elaine is not bad. Piper and Aspen I don't care for and don't sound right with mn Elaine.
  • Autumn and Aspen get two great big thumbs up here! Love them both!
  • ecwkecwk member
    Ivy is really the only one I could get behind. Maybe Piper too but it's so trendy right now. The others are just bad IMO. Elaine is beautiful though.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love Autumn Elaine and Ivy Elaine!
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The only one I really don't like is Aspen. I like Piper, Autumn, and Ivy in that order.
  • i love love love autumn! i think it is gorgeous
  • I personally love Autumn, kind of a guilty pleasure name for me! I also really love Laine. Have you considered it for a first name?
    Love: 5/2004
    Marriage: 4/2008
    Baby Carriage #1: 5/2012
    Baby Carriage #2: 1/2016

• Ivy Elaine is my favorite of your options, followed by Autumn Elaine. Both flow nicely.

Please toss Aspen and Piper. Neither are good enough to pair with Elaine... completely different styles and way too trendy. 

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary