Infertility

semen analysis and clomid

Has anyone else been through this. How was your outcome?

I was on BC for YEARS like 10 years and switched between pills, depo and then pills again ending with sprintec and skipping the sugar pills because of pain issues but always had breakthrough bleeding regardless. So I stopped the pills in November and have not had any bleeding since. I mean not even a speck. So I went to the doctor in Feb and she put me on 10 day cycles of Norethindrone. she did not explain it to me very well so I did the 10 day cycle one month, had bleeding and never had it again. So adid it again in May and bled for like 2 days very lightly. So I made another appt for next week because I know there is just something up. My sister had to take clomid with her first pregnancy so it would surprise me if that happens to me.

So I went to the doctor today and at this point she said she just doesnt believe I am ovulating since all my labs were normal last time. She gave me the option of doing a semen analysis to see if we have some good juice and then if that comes back ok going on acouple cycles of clomid. So I would do 5 days of progesterone, bleed then on day 3-7 take clomid and do ovulation tests, day 21 ish get blood draw and then at the 28 day mark if I do not have a period, test and see if I am pregnant and if that doesnt wrok then upping the clomid.

Thoughts are greatly apperciated

Re: semen analysis and clomid

• Have you gotten your tubes checked and all your other bloodwork done? It's not a good idea to take clomid unless you will be monitored by an RE. they can then ultrasound you and blood test to make sure you're responding well. I've been on clomid twice already and responded too well where now I am at risk of having multiples. If this month doesn't work then my doc is putting me on different medication. But I'm glad I know all of this.
  • Blood work came back perfect and she said that with my age and past ultrasounds she doesnt feel the need to do an ultrasound this month to see that is why she opted for clomid and will be doing blood work throughout and if that doesnt work in a month or two then we will do the tube scan
  • Loading the player...
  • Just my opinion and my REs, obviously do whatever you want but you really should get your tubes checked first. If for some reason they are blocked or you have an issue the clomid is useless. I'm sure everything is fine but at the same time you just never know. Will you also be getting ultrasounds and she will do your baseline testing? I also heard you shouldn't be on clomid more than 6 times so if something isn't working correctly you may have just "wasted" two rounds of clomid. Sorry. Not sure if I'm explaining that clearly. Does it make sense? My doctor was also monitoring with ultrasound and after the first month he had to lower my dosage. I'm sure some of the other girls on here could give their two cents too.
  • HBamama2BHBamama2B member
    edited August 2015
    I agree. My RE had me do an HSG to verify no issue for tubes. Wasn't great but wasn't too bad and it felt good to have clarity on the issues. I had none which was a relief!

It can only be performed day 6-10 of your cycle, but can be done concurrently with meds if you want to start right away. (We did it the same cycle as our first IUI.) Has the added benefit of being linked to a temporary increase in fertility due to the pressure clearing your uterine/Fallopian pathways. Procedure: Takes a few minutes on an X-ray table with your legs jacked up to Jesus and a screen showing your insides. They send in dye (uncomfortable for 2minutes) via a catheter and you get your results immediately.