Detroit Babies

Local Places for Cribs, Dressers, Etc.

We're going to be adopting in the next year or two.  We just started looking at baby room furniture.  Where did you buy yours?  Did you like the store/quality/price, etc.?

We've been to Baby's R Us, the Baby Room, and Buy Buy Baby.  Just wondered if we were forgetting any stores.

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Local Places for Cribs, Dressers, Etc.

• We bought all our furniture from the Baby's Room in Taylor. We got a decent price because of a sale but it took 5 months for our furniture to arrive - not because of the store but the manufacturer (Munire).  The store was very apologetic and offered us  either 10% off or free delivery.

So, love the furniture, the store was OK, the wait time was ridiculous.

• i bought my furniture from someone on craigslist.  great way to save a little money!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I second Craig's List.  We got our crib and dresser, which were both in great condition, for $125 a piece.  That saved us almost $400 right there. 
  • Just be careful what you wish for. I mentioned to the in-laws that we wanted a rocking chair in the nursery when he are ready to decorate. Today I came home from work and they had bought the ugliest rocking chair for us! It was very nice of them, but it is not what I wanted and now we have no where to put in until we finish the nursery.
  • We bought our furniture fron The Baby's Room but you could also check out Mother Hubbard's Cupboard in Wixom https://mhcfurniture.com/ or Burlington Coat Factory also carries some pieces I believe.
  • Thanks, everyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"