September 2015 Moms

Return unopened diapers?

okay so quick question can you return unopened diapers to a store like target without a reciept? I received almost exclusively Huggies diapers at my shower and while I am blessed and thankful that my guests brought gifts... I just prefer pampers diapers and Huggies wipes. Don't know why besides that's what has really worked for me with my boyfriends daughter and my niece and nephew. Anyone have any experience returning unopened diapers? Thanks ladies in advance!

Re: Return unopened diapers?

• Yes you can. I had an extreme couponer give me 23 packs of Huggies and I was nervous to try and return them without a receipt. I took them all to babies r us and was given $230 store credit for them
  • Walmart is easier on their return policy...targets is 3 items per year.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow thanks for the heads up ladies! @chelseajeanene did you have to have a receipt or were they purchased from your registry? Because I honestly don't know where the diapers came from!
  • @jlawson23 Nope! No receipt! She actually purchased them at ShopRite grocery store, but I looked to make sure babies r us sold them there, because that's where I did my registry and was hoping to use the money towards other items I needed. I didn't have any Huggies items on my actual registry and they still took them!
  • Be careful with babies r us. Mine won't take anything back without a receipt unless it was purchased off my registry. I tried :(
  • you can always add it to your registry online real quick before you try to do the return and just tell them you didn't get a gift reciept

Origami Owl Independent Designer 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • you can always add it to your registry online real quick before you try to do the return and just tell them you didn't get a gift reciept

How? I know you can add that you want things but how do you mark that you received it so that you could actually return it?
  • I would actually wait before returning the diapers. Although you prefer the pampers brand, the Huggies might fit your LO better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would actually wait before returning the diapers. Although you prefer the pampers brand, the Huggies might fit your LO better.

Agreed.

Also, I've returned way more than 3 things to Target just this week and didn't have any issues.
  • They also have to be scanned and from that particular store (the UPC or whatever is different store to store). That was my experience last go around. I have a ton of size 1 diapers this time I am sure I won't get through, hoping I am able to exchange them.
  • amykrell said:
    Be careful with babies r us. Mine won't take anything back without a receipt unless it was purchased off my registry. I tried :(
    I has issues with a gift return with BRU when I 1) had the receipt 2) the item was on the registry and 3)someone else bought it already off the registry and it didn't show up as bought then they 4) returned the credit to the card of the buyer instead of giving me a store credit. It took forever to get things straighten out.

I was rather... ticked. I'm not going back or registering there in the future.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just returned items to my Target without a receipt and was told they used to have a $75/year limit for no receipt returns, but they don't have any limits anymore.
  • eah325 said:
    you can always add it to your registry online real quick before you try to do the return and just tell them you didn't get a gift reciept

How? I know you can add that you want things but how do you mark that you received it so that you could actually return it?
    I don't know how to do it on BRU registry but I know I can on my Target registry. I've had lots of bad experiences with BRU so I don't shop there anymore but you could always make a Target registry and add them then mark as purchased and return them or Walmart is usually pretty good about returns without a receipt for store credit. Some people have issues with Target on returns but even without adding things to my registry as long as I'm okay with store credit I've never had a problem returning things without a receipt at my Target. 

Origami Owl Independent Designer 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just returned over $100 worth of stuff to Target without gift receipts or any hassle whatsoever. They gave me a gift card. The only things they didn't take we're items they didn't sell. It took less than 10 minutes all together.
  • I had returned things to Babies r us without a receipt and they weren't on my registry... And it was painless. I just did it 3 days ago. If it was unopened and was an actually an item from babies r us. I did the same at target, no receipt and not on my registry. They took it if it was a target item, no hassle. Took 10 minutes at each place at the most. I was given store credit for the items and can use them whenever.