Eco-Friendly Family
Options

lar

Here is the link to the earlier yogurt post that Squeaky made. There's a crockpot recipe as well as a variation that Brahim shared on how she makes hers.

I'm going to make crockpot yogurt tomorrow and see how it goes, then go from there. I'm so excited :)

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image

Re: lar

• Options

wow! that looks pretty easy! i wonder how long it stays good in the fridge.

i'm kinda nervous about giving ds milk products b/c his formula is lactose free. i'm thinking about slowly adding yogurt to his regular solids...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It does look easy; it just takes a long time. I'll start tomorrow morning. I think it said something like 7-10 days in the fridge? It says it somewhere on that crockpot site on the yogurt page.

We just started yogurt (and dairy in general) about 2 weeks ago. She LOVES it. We haven't had any dairy isses though...

• Loading the player...
  • Options

when i bf'd i had to cut out dairy, but i'm thinking ds may be able to handle it now. i will probably wait until 8 months to try yogurt (and ask the pedi about it). our pedi tends to give me weird looks when i ask her questions about his diet. i think she's used to dealing with redneck mamas.

anyway- enough rambling. don't forget to let us know how it turns out!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

::butting in::

are you going to make plain or mix in fruit with it?  I think I'd like to strain it like the blog stated and make it more like Greek style.  Ooo I have to try this!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Well, DD may have had a sensitivity to dairy way back in the early days. She had bad reflux and was colicky in general for over 3 months, but I never could pin it down to anything in particular. She was a totally different baby on Prevacid though, so I quit worrying about it being dairy.

And she now has yogurt and cheese with no problems. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"