November 2015 Moms
Options

UO Thursday!!!

2»

Re: UO Thursday!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    modanz1 said:

The trick is to sit down and cross one leg, clipping the toenails basically in your lap. Unless I'm just crazy flexible? I'm overweight and 25 weeks with twins and it hasn't started being an issue yet although I should start pretending so I can get regular pedis! Never mind, it's too hard- treat yo self!

What @dogsombrero said all of it...!!!
    I'm 36 wks pregnant with a big ole bump & guess what..?? I can still cut my toenails, and shave and do my housework.

But it huuuuurrrrts.  And I have a belly and I am sleepy. And no one understands this because I am the first pregnant woman in the history of ever. ;)

Love this! Seriously just LOL! :)
    image BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    modanz1 said:

The trick is to sit down and cross one leg, clipping the toenails basically in your lap. Unless I'm just crazy flexible? I'm overweight and 25 weeks with twins and it hasn't started being an issue yet although I should start pretending so I can get regular pedis! Never mind, it's too hard- treat yo self!

I'm 36 wks pregnant with a big ole bump & guess what..?? I can still cut my toenails, and shave and do my housework.

But it huuuuurrrrts.  And I have a belly and I am sleepy. And no one understands this because I am the first pregnant woman in the history of ever. ;)

Lol.. Suck it up and get on with it. :P
    Oh no wait that's not very supportive of me. What I meant to say was..!!

Suck it up & get on with it..!! ;)
    You know I <3 ya really @modanz1

• Options
    What @dogsombrero said all of it...!!! I'm 36 wks pregnant with a big ole bump & guess what..?? I can still cut my toenails, and shave and do my housework.
    Lol.. Suck it up and get on with it. :P Oh no wait that's not very supportive of me. What I meant to say was..!! Suck it up & get on with it..!! ;) You know I <3 ya really @modanz1
    Girl, you know this community is about supporting one another and giving each other back rubs while we smoke peace pipes.  ;)  Love you too! ;P
    YCSWU 

• Options

This probably isn't a UO, but I can't really reach my toes without it being uncomfortable. I desperately need a pedicure. 

Just needed to complain.
    Same here. I don't think I can cut my toenails anymore. The last time was super hard. I'm trying to hold off on a pedicure until next week as one of my best friends is having a baby shower next weekend. Also shaving the legs is getting to be a bit difficult too. I'm a little scared of the next 13 weeks because these things are only going to get more difficult.

I actually had my DH paint my toenails a couple weeks ago. I probably could have done it myself but I was feeling fat. Anyways, my toes looked like a 1 year old did it. Eventually it cleared up a little, and now it's just chipping off. And I want someone to rub my feet...for a long, long time. 

I painted my own toenails and it looks like a 1 year old did them. I blame the belly!
  • Options
    HellsAngel22HellsAngel22 member
    edited August 2015
    modanz1 said:

modanz1 said:

Girl, you know this community is about supporting one another and giving each other back rubs while we smoke peace pipes.  ;)  Love you too! ;P

Aaaahahaha. Let's hold hands and all sing kumbaya while smoking our peace pipes..

• Options
    There we go.. Come on I know you know it ;)
  • Options

• Options
    Gapeach83 said:

SMORES MONTH CELEBRATION!!!

Which leads to my UO: I don't like s'mores. I do love toasted marshmallows, I just don't see the need for the ghram crackers.

What's delicious are candy wrappers: put one of those square caramels on the end of the stick when you toast the marshmallow, and then when you pull the marshmallow off the stick you have gooey caramel goodness inside.
  • Options
    Squirtgun said:

Gapeach83 said:

Which leads to my UO: I don't like s'mores. I do love toasted marshmallows, I just don't see the need for the ghram crackers.

What's delicious are candy wrappers: put one of those square caramels on the end of the stick when you toast the marshmallow, and then when you pull the marshmallow off the stick you have gooey caramel goodness inside.
    What is the sorcery that I have been missing out on my entire life?????
  • Options
    Squirtgun said:

Gapeach83 said:

This sounds so good but I just see myself burning my tongue repeatedly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cook3133 said:

My UO.........

I will never console you if you call yourself fat. Wether you are or not I see it as attention seeking and it annoys me.

This. A million times this. If you don't like your size/shape/weight then do something about it. It's hardly rocket science.
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited August 2015

This will probably be a very unpopular opinion, but it's something I've been thinking about since it's been a hot topic. I get not wanting anyone except SO in the delivery room with you (I'll only allow SO & my mother, who is an L&D nurse), but I don't really get the people who say they won't let anyone visit them in the hospital afterwards. At first I get it, because I pretty much hate my in-laws and really don't want them there, but when I thought about how I would feel if the roles were reversed, I would be incredibly pissed & hurt if my SO told me my mother couldn't visit us in the hospital a few hours after birth. 
    I'm with you on this one!! I don't get it either. But I also don't get the whole no visitors for 1 or 2 weeks after "for bonding". I'm sorry I think that's kinda ridiculous. Your gonna bond with your baby no matter if people are there or not. I couldn't imagine keeping people that are so excited to meet my child away. To me that's just kinda mean.

********quote box fail*************

I see both sides of this, although my husband and I are on the limited visitors at hospital, no major visitors at home for 1-2 weeks. My mom's feelings are totally hurt, my MIL respects our decision and is fine with it. For me, as a FTM, it's more that I have no idea what to expect after the birth, and if I end up having a tough recovery, have a hard time breastfeeding, etc, I don't want to have to fight people off. Buuuuuuut if i end up feeling great and everything goes smoothly, then we can always say we want people to come over earlier. 

It doesn't help that I think my mom (first time grandma) will be one of those who just wants to hold the baby and doesn't do anything to actually help like cooking, cleaning, etc. She also thinks I'm ridiculous for being such a private person, she's the type that will walk around naked in front of anyone and doesn't care. I don't even want to breastfeed in front of her, and I know that would make her angry. 

• Options
    jscasher said:

This is probably going to sound horrible, and may definitely be an UO.

My MIL has been alone for the last two months while FIL is away on a four month trip in Afghanistan. She likes to go out to eat a lot, so she takes me and hubby out often. I try to offer to pay our way, but FIL is making BANK overseas and she tells us to save our money.

The problem is, is that I have to pick where we go everytime. She asks "what baby wants for dinner" or what I'm craving, and even if I say I'm open for anything and am not having any major cravings that day, they still force me to pick. Then I get anxiety and feel guilty since she's paying all the time, and it's really stressing me out. It's such a silly problem, but I don't like being the one to pick which restaurant we go to all the time! What if they don't like my choice but aren't saying anything?

I really don't like preferential treatment just cuz I'm pregnant. I have a friend who is milking it for all its worth, and I'm over here like guys no big deal I'm the same person!

Ugh! I HATE that I always have to chose where to eat now!!! DH has finally started suggesting places again but every other human being thinks I have to decide! I'm pregnant, I freaking love food! Give me all the food! I don't care!
  • Options
    On the visiting side I get it why people want a little time before having visitors. With my first ny ex mil was the first to actually snap pictures of my son and saw him better before me. Here in the hospital they don't care what you want and take the baby to the nursery after his/hers checkup. We were living with my inlaws, my exh was iver seas and my ex fil was staring at my breast while trying and failing to breastfeed....he was only in his boxershorts.....that made me feel horible. I was worn out and not once I woke up with neighbours in my room in the morning when I was all sleepy swollen wet of milk dirty and so on. They were staring at the baby who was sleeping in his crib at the end of the bed. I wokeup without my baby a few times in the first 2 weeks because my ex mil was in the building at some neighbour with my newborn because I was so waisted after wakeing up all night that I did not hear her come in and take the baby. She didn't take her cell so I was crazy until she came home because I didn't know where the heck she exactly was. This time I said clearly : no visitors in the hospital and none on the day we get home. I will be with a major surgery because I have no choice , and wish to be able to stand before. I told my DH he can take pictures and show them but I can't deal with people in those few days.
  • Options
    TacoSarah said:
    modanz1 said:
    What @dogsombrero said all of it...!!! I'm 36 wks pregnant with a big ole bump & guess what..?? I can still cut my toenails, and shave and do my housework.
    Lol.. Suck it up and get on with it. :P Oh no wait that's not very supportive of me. What I meant to say was..!! Suck it up & get on with it..!! ;) You know I <3 ya really @modanz1
    I CANNOT believe you smoke peace pipes whilst pregnant - you are so SELFISH. I'm so upset by this I am going to bye Felicia my own darn self.
    If you are smoking something from the Earth it's totes cool and your baby loves it.  I read it on the internet. ;)
    YCSWU 

• Options
    modanz1 said:

TacoSarah said:

modanz1 said:

modanz1 said:

I CANNOT believe you smoke peace pipes whilst pregnant - you are so SELFISH. I'm so upset by this I am going to bye Felicia my own darn self.

If you are smoking something from the Earth it's totes cool and your baby loves it.  I read it on the internet. ;)

And it's so true to cause its come from the Internet. So if it's say you can then you can right?