October 2015 Moms
Options

Burning pain in vagina?

I have noticed the past couple of weeks this has been happening more often and is more intense. I am a nurse and I'm on my feet on/off for 10 hour shifts. I usually get this type of burning pain towards the end of my work day. Also, I just got a really intense burning pain while laying here and baby was moving. Does anybody know what this is? It worries me that it is getting worse and I'm only 33 weeks.

Re: Burning pain in vagina?

• Options
    I haven't experienced this but in general if something like this is getting progressively worse you should call you doctor.
  • Options
    Call your doctor, that's what they're there for.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a varicose vein on the inner part of the labia. When it first appeared it felt like a very sharp burning pain. It was horrible. Luckily even though it won't ever really go away, the pain has subsided to a dull ache. Is there anyway your SO can take a look at the area for a varicose vein? I went to my OB when it happened to me it was so excruciatingly painful. Worth a check I think.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've been having a similar issue and I'm 33 weeks as well. I was told it is most likely a result of being on my feet for most of my day. I was told to "take it easy" and put my feet up as much as possible. I also got one of those maternity support bands that goes around my back, under my belly, and has a strap over the top of my belly, and that helps a LOT.

I would definitely mention it to your dr though. With mine I also experienced what I would liken to "lightning zaps" in my pelvis.

• Options
    /i had the same thing! it got worse in my second pregnancy. its all those blood vessels swelling, hurts really bad.... 
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I will have to try one of those support bands. I have an appointment tomorrow so I was going to mention it. I just like to hear I'm not alone.
  • Options
    Anj615 I've also had the lightning zaps in my pelvis. It has been on both sides and right in the middle. It kind of felt like menstrual cramping. I called the Dr and they had me do a non-stress test to make sure it wasn't contractions. It wasn't, but I really didn't know what was happening and earlier this week it woke me up from sleep it hurt so much. I'm a FTM so I'm really not sure what is supposed to feel like what.  I also got one of the maternity belts and it has helped my back and pelvic pain quite a bit. It's not completely gone, but definitely more manageable.