Baby Names

Thoughts on "Claire Elise"?

Last name is 1 syllable and begins with Z. Big sister's name is "Avery Elizabeth." Trying to get DH on board but he isn't sold...yet. Open to suggestions for alternative middle names. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Thoughts on "Claire Elise"?

• I like Claire Elise. I was almost named Claire and my middle name is Elise :)
  • I like Claire Elise.
  • Loading the player...
  • am&nam&n member
    I like Claire Elise...other suggestions I have heard:

Claire Olivia
    Claire Evelyn
  • Claire Elise makes me think of Fur Elise. Not saying that is a bad thing, just an association.
    I'm wondering if a multi-syllable first name might pair better with the single syllable last name since most people go by FirstName LastName most of the time.
    No real issue with either name, just not sure I would put them together.
  • I like it a lot.

• I love it!!! Sounds good with sis Avery.
  • I like both names, but it doesn't flow that well IMO. Also I wouldn't pick Claire if you have a one syllable last name, unless you absolutely love it and couldn't possibly name her something else.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love it!
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails

• I love it!
  • ecwkecwk member
    It's beautiful

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I like it but I think you could find a middle name that flows a little better.
  • I like the name a lot, but Elise is a variant of Elizabeth. Is that intentional?

Other suggestions :
    Claire Frances
    Claire Francesca
    Claire Matilda
    Claire Helena
  • I love both names as well, but agree they don't flow well together and Elise is too close/a variant of Elisabeth.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Claire Elise makes me think of Clairese...as in Silence of the Lambs. 
  • That same name/mn combo is on the top of my list, so I obviously love it. It is actually the name that DH was going to have if he was a girl, which I didn't even know when I first picked it. MIL told me later when we were discussing names. Our last name has two syllables though, and I get what others have said about a single syllable last name maybe not flowing as well. I love Elise as a first name too so maybe consider that to flow better with your last name? In the end it wouldn't be awful to have two single syllable names, but it is something to consider. 
  • I love Claire, but think it's better with a longer mn.

Claire Annelise
    Claire Alexandra
    Claire Olivia
  • I agree with more length to the MN. DH and I are just struggling to agree. I like Claire Alexandra too:)
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    I like Claire, not sure it sounds good with Elise.
  • I also had the Fur Elise association. But I do love both Claire and Elise.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• yodiggity said:

Claire Elise makes me think of Clairese...as in Silence of the Lambs. 

I came here to make this comment!

But I do think both names are lovely. Maybe Clara?
  • Claire Elise is my 4 yr olds name. We get compliments all the time. Timeless, sweet name
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is my sisters name, I had to double take when I saw it!
  • Love it but I don't like one syllable first and last names together.

• yodiggity said:

Claire Elise makes me think of Clairese...as in Silence of the Lambs. 

This. Needs a longer MN.

Baby C - 08.23.13