September 2015 Moms

34 weeks gained 38lbs. How much is everyone else gaining?

I'm kinda concerned I have gained 38 and probably have a month to go. I am feeling good no medical concerns.... No complications... But 38 seems high to me
Especially since they say to gain between 15-25lbs the whole pregnancy....

Re: 34 weeks gained 38lbs. How much is everyone else gaining?

• There was a long thread about this just yesterday I think. You'll get more responses by searching for it.
  • About 20 lbs
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 38 weeks and I have gained 40lbs. I started out really overweight, so of course this weight gain is concerning but my doctor hasn't said anything about it. Everyone is different
  • I gain 35-40 lbs with all my pregnancies regardless of what my weight was to start.
  • I am 33 weeks and I have gained about a pound a week
  • I have gained 28lbs I'm 36 weeks
  • 45 was the max number but I've started to lose.
  • I'm 36w today, gained 33lbs. I gained 42 with #1 and lost it all while BFing (and ended up underweight on a high fat diet) so I'm not stressing, just enjoying my ice cream ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 36 weeks and 4 days and have gained 25 lbs.
  • I'm 37 weeks and I've gained 38 lbs.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Almost 36 weeks and I've gained 13 pounds.
  • 36 weeks and gained 13 pounds. I'm basically all baby. Lol
  • I am 37+2 and I have gained 22
  • I'm 35 weeks and had gained 16 pounds, but this week I lost four.
  • I'm 35+5 with twins and I've only gained 12lbs total. Dr says I am simultaneously losing weight while babies are gaining. He is not concerned about it though, so I guess I'm not either. I'm all babies!
  • My advice is to not worry about it. You've already gained it and can't diet so don't spend time worrying about it. With my first I gained 40 and this time I'm at 27 at 38 weeks.
  • I'm officially 30 lbs higher then my normal weight but since the day I found out I was pregnant I've gained 13 and all this trimester. F this last trimester lol I thought I was doing good
  • 36 wks and have gained 55lbs - people still only think I'm 4-5 months preggo . I'm also 5 10' and was underweight before pregnancy
  • Up 30lbs total with my first, and currently 37wks and up 32lbs with this one

• Natasha238Natasha238 member
    edited August 2015
    34.3 weeks today and exactly 0lbs gained. I lost 15 during the first 3 months but have gained it all back.... I have a month and one more week to go..... I'm sure I'll be going over, but sooooo not like it. Don't care though- the way I look at it- my body is doing what it needs to for my baby. I've had my time, now it's all about baby:)
  • 35 weeks and I've gained 10 :/ I was up to 16 and then a week later back down to 10. I actually worry about it and my husband is concerned also. But I was overweight to begin with so my dr is actually okay with it. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. As long as you feel okay and healthy, I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • 35 weeks and gained 36 so far. My doctor never even brings up my weight, I just know what I started at and take a peek when they weigh me.
  • 34 weeks n I gained 15lbs...
  • I'm 36 weeks and gained 35 pounds
  • 34 wks and up 20lbs but with my son I gained 40 total. I have no idea what happened? I stopped gaining around the 37wk mark with my first.
  • 37 weeks, I've gained 9lbs. I was also overweight pre-pregnancy, however. To my understanding overweight and obese woman actually tend to gain less weight during pregnancy than woman who are not overweight.
  • 35 weeks and 20 lbs. GD diet helped me to lose 5 lbs...
  • 37 weeks and I have gained 40 pounds. Doctor isn't worried about it but I've decided to stop looking at the scale at my weekly appointments ;)
  • I'm 34 weeks and I've gained 40 (last time I checked).  I gained 35 with my first and I was pregnant for 36 weeks.  I gained 70 with my second and I was pregnant almost 42 weeks.  So, I'm doing ok this time.  I lost my weight very easily last two times, so I'm not concerned at all.  My blood pressure is always good and all that, so I know I'll just be heavy for a little bit longer and normal in no time.

BabyFruit Ticker

• 36w4d gained 15 lbs. All baby.... Our bodies are incredible the way it knows what to do.
  • 30 lbs and I'm 37 weeks. Haven't gained and actually ost 2 lbs since 28 weeks since following GD diet and I was super swollen in my legs then while working - dr said I easily lost 10 lbs of fluid - thus no gain in months.
  • I gained 50 with my first. This time I'm 35 weeks and I've gained 26 lbs. Much better but I was hoping to only gain 25 the whole time. I figure with 5 more weeks I can't gain too much more so I'm not worried about it. you'll be able to get it off quickly! Especially if you nurse and eat healthy/ excercise.
  • I'm 36+2 and I've gained 35lbs. I'm not sure where it's going since all that's grown is my belly (my boobs haven't even grown that much). At first, I was really paranoid about my weight. I had just lost 40lbs and then decided to get pregnant without thinking I could possibly put on that much weight. I was so wrong! I've come to terms with it though. I am healthy and baby is healthy. That is first and foremost and once the baby arrives, exercising/healthy eating and breast feeding will be key to drop any excess weight.
  • I'm 34w+1 and have gained 31 lbs. With my first I gained a total of 50lbs. Agree with PP, every person and pregnancy is different so don't feel bad!
  • kelbel90kelbel90 member
    edited August 2015
    I am 37 weeks today and have gained 25 lbs. I gained 48 lbs. with my first, she was born at 37 weeks and 2 days. I gained 35 lbs. with my second, she was born at 40 weeks on the dot.
  • I'm 37 weeks today and have gained 45 pounds. I was concerned about my weight gain a few weeks back too, but I'm not gaining as much per week as I was a month or two ago. The weight gain might slow down for you too! At this point, I'm not worried about it and neither is my doctor.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 34w4d and I've gained about 20lbs so far. With my first, I put on at least 40lbs and he was born right at 40wks.
  • I'm 36 4 days and gained 34 with my 1st it was 56lbs over. I rread anywhere between 25-35 is average to gain.
  • I'm 34+5 days, I'm up 9lbs.