November 2015 Moms

Final Ultrasound Tomorrow - Placenta moved?

Tomorrow is my final ultrasound to see if the placenta has moved up or not. I have been told if it didn't move then I have to have a C-Section. I'm not to worried about it, more just wondering if you ladies have an advice on questions I should be asking while I'm there?

Re: Final Ultrasound Tomorrow - Placenta moved?

• My US is 9/2. I am really hoping my placenta has moved.

Hope your moves also... if it has moved up, the only questions I would have:
    Is it now safe to delivery vaginally? (Just to confirm)
    If you currently have any restrictions, do you still need to adhere to them.

If it has not moved....
    When are they planning on doing the CS?
    What can you expect for complications other then needing a CS?
    Are any restrictions required?
    What should you do if you are bleeding or spotting? ( very common with placenta previa in the 3rd trimester )

I am interested in what questions other have also
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine is next Monday. No advice yet but best of luck!

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
    BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
    BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • Loading the player...
  • MargaretC5MargaretC5 member
    edited August 2015
    Also, most of the time if placenta previa was seen on the 18-20 week AS, it usually moves by the 3rd trimester. Only 1 out of 200 pregnancies has placenta previa at the time of delivery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My US isn't until the 14th at 31 weeks. I'm schedule for c section anyway so my doc isn't too worried about whether it's moved up but she is hoping it has by then.
  • I have mine on 9/2 (30 weeks) to check to see if my placenta has moved. Fingers crossed!!
  • Good luck! I have mine on 10/1. Fingers crossed!!
  • @bbsweet - how did the U/S go?  My appointment is Tuesday and I'm praying the placenta moved!
  • I have mine 9/17 to see if it's moved....hoping so....but whatever I have to do to get her out safe and healthy;)
  • I had mine last week at 29 weeks and was told that mine had moved up and that I was good to go for a vaginal delivery. I did not have any restrictions nor any bleeding. I did ask the tech and the doctor if there is any possibility that it could go back down and they both said no. I do know that if it didn't move by my 29-30 week ultrasound they were going to check again at my final 36 week scan and if it did not move I would be scheduled for a c-section. I agree with a pp that if you were on any restrictions I would ask if you need to stay on them or not.
  • Update! I had my ultrasound today at 30w1d and was told the placenta moved just far enough from the cervix!  U/S tech told me the cut off is 2.5 cm and and I measured 2.6 :) So it's looking like I'm all good to go for vaginal delivery. So thrilled with this news!